Vehicle Introductions in Detroit

This year is going to be a weird one.  Not having NAIAS in January is throwing me off. Since now we have to start a new tradition, was wondering what I could expect from the Ford camp NAIAS 2020?  Anybody know what will be introduced?  I was talking with some friends last night and we may go to the charity preview.

5 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

Except 2017 when they showed it the day before and then had nothing new to show at the actual show lol.

Just now, fuzzymoomoo said:

That whole thing that year was a cluster 

Yes sir, I remember the 2018 Expedition intro got messed up in 2017 too. Fortunately, it's very unlikely Ford will make those mistakes again. I think Ford will have among the best presentations of any automaker at NAIAS 2020. 

I'm thinking next generation F-150 at the NAIAS too. The regular and possibly Hybrid as production-ready while the BEV would be Concept form, I'm guessing. There will be the Bronco reveal which I'm guessing is its own standalone event and then possibly either shown again at NAIAS on stage as 'review' or shown there for the public viewing. I wonder about other upcoming auto shows. Chicago and New York? Those would be good ones to reveal the next generation Fusion 'whitespace' vehicle or Fusion Active as 630land asked. Plus more.

I think we could see a Bronco event somewhere, where Bronco and Baby Bronco are show off simultaneously, and they'll later be shown again at NAIAS.

I think we'll also see F-150 at its own event before NAIAS, but I could see them not showing the hybrid at that, and debuting that AT NAIAS.  That way there's still an announcement at the show, even though we've already seen the product.  Kinda how they split the Corsair and GT debuts.

Im REALLY curious about when we will hear  anything about the Baby Bronco...we were told, led to believe, at the beginning of the year that the release was imminent....so far.....crickets...wonder if this is a reflection of the debacle commonly known as the 2020 Explorer release....

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Deanh said:

Im REALLY curious about when we will hear  anything about the Baby Bronco...we were told, led to believe, at the beginning of the year that the release was imminent....so far.....crickets...wonder if this is a reflection of the debacle commonly known as the 2020 Explorer release....

17 days ago?? 

Haha, even I'm not that impatient ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Deanh said:

Not really-if its going to be built in Mexico, well you have to wait for Fusion/MKZ production to end-which is in May. Its going to be nice to have to only wait 6 months or so for a new product to come out after being officially shown off, instead of 2-3 years....

It’s funny how under the radar the f150 has been with the bronco getting all of the attention as of late. I’ve seen a few of the spy pics but you can’t really tell anything from them. Is this a full redesign or just a refresh? Can we expect any new innovations/features (besides hybrid/electric)?

Edited by T-dubz

3 minutes ago, T-dubz said:

It’s funny how under the radar the f150 has been with the bronco getting all of the attention as of late. I’ve seen a few of the spy pics but you can’t really tell anything from them. Is this a full redesign or just a refresh? Can we expect any new innovations/features (besides hybrid/electric)?

Full redesign

hybrid, BEV, sync 4 production debut, a bunch of other stuff that's being kept under wraps as well as the Bronco probably. 

• Like 4

18 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Full redesign

hybrid, BEV, sync 4 production debut, a bunch of other stuff that's being kept under wraps as well as the Bronco probably. 

Kind of cool when you think about it, how the Bronco has overshadowed not "just the F150", but the best truck in america.

I don't know what sales figures could look like, but this launch is a big deal for Ford. 

• Like 1

On 1/17/2020 at 6:17 PM, Deanh said:

Well, I also think they HAVE to show them (Bronco and baby Bronco) off simultaneously/at the same event, otherwise they're just asking for a boatload of confusion and incorrect articles/internet comments (not that comments matter).  So if PD's May timeline for Bronco is accurate, that'd mean May for baby Bronco if they're smart.

• 2 weeks later...

Seeing how Chicago Auto Show is just under a week to go now, we may as well start discussing what Ford or Lincoln got planned for reveals there. I see on the Chicago Auto Show website under events that they seem to still be setting up the schedules as it only shows the general all day media event time range without any specific times for any manufacturers. As @silvrsvt said above, the Mustang Mach-E was already revealed and with Bronco coming later in spring, the F-150 is next to be revealed whether it's next week or other time. But surely Ford got something planned, even if it's a new trimline for the 2021 Explorer (King Ranch?) or something like that. Or perhaps nothing from both Ford and Lincoln as they're saving up for later on this spring.

50 minutes ago, pffan1990 said:

Seeing how Chicago Auto Show is just under a week to go now, we may as well start discussing what Ford or Lincoln got planned for reveals there. I see on the Chicago Auto Show website under events that they seem to still be setting up the schedules as it only shows the general all day media event time range without any specific times for any manufacturers. As @silvrsvt said above, the Mustang Mach-E was already revealed and with Bronco coming later in spring, the F-150 is next to be revealed whether it's next week or other time. But surely Ford got something planned, even if it's a new trimline for the 2021 Explorer (King Ranch?) or something like that. Or perhaps nothing from both Ford and Lincoln as they're saving up for later on this spring.

Chicago has their media schedules posted, Ford does have one set OFF site Wednesday!

https://www.chicagoautoshow.com/assets/1/7/2020-Media-Schedule.pdf

Edited by spudz64
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, spudz64 said:

Chicago has their media schedules posted, Ford does have one set OFF site Wednesday!

Pay no attention to the mis-spelling of the venue Ford is using,,,,,  https://www.resolutionproductionsgroup.com/

HRG

Ford media.JPG

Edited by HotRunrGuy
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, spudz64 said:

Thanks. I looked at the site again and found it after realizing I looked in the wrong spot. But wow though, are they really planning on using up the allotted two hours of time for their presentation or is that just a general schedule they have aside for the presentation which could finish sooner? What's interesting is that there is a Ford vehicle walk around set for 11:30am on Thursday the 6th and then 'social media' preview at 9-9:20am Friday the 7th.

I found these links for the webcams live streaming to keep an eye out for in case we can view Ford's reveal(s).

https://www.chicagoautoshow.com/multimedia/web-cams/

Chicago's WGN TV channel will do live streaming on the 7th.

https://wgntv.com/on-air/live-streaming/