Vehicle Introductions in Detroit

Wait, so Explorer King Ranch and FX4 is definitely a real thing now? The Ford Media website only shows XLT Sports apperance package.

On 2/5/2020 at 7:30 PM, ExplorerDude said:

Not sure what’s planned to be shown in Chicago but in addition, the 2021 Explorer gets the following: 

- XLT Sport Appearance Package

- King Ranch trim

- FX4 Off Road trim

Edited by bzcat

3 hours ago, bzcat said:

Wait, so Explorer King Ranch and FX4 is definitely a real thing now? The Ford Media website only shows XLT Sports apperance package.

getting carried away with packages again...too many IMO, we cant stock too much as we had to have examples of all 172 2019 Transit configurations on the ground to appese everyone as we have to have one of each...and this year they added All wheel drive.....not sure we have room for 100 or so Explorer configurations as well...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Deanh said:

getting carried away with packages again...too many IMO, we cant stock too much as we had to have examples of all 172 2019 Transit configurations on the ground to appese everyone as we have to have one of each...and this year they added All wheel drive.....not sure we have room for 100 or so Explorer configurations as well...

I can see how that would suck from a dealers perspective, but for ford and customers it’s nice to have packages like these, especially on the appearance packages. They probably barely cost ford anything yet they can charge several thousand for them. The customer gets more choices and that’s always good too. I’ve added the sport appearance package on probably 90% of new fords that I’ve bought. The other 10% didn’t offer it as an option.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, T-dubz said:

I can see how that would suck from a dealers perspective, but for ford and customers it’s nice to have packages like these, especially on the appearance packages. They probably barely cost ford anything yet they can charge several thousand for them. The customer gets more choices and that’s always good too. I’ve added the sport appearance package on probably 90% of new fords that I’ve bought. The other 10% didn’t offer it as an option.

You’re the exact opposite as me. I'm not one to pay extra for an appearance package because I don't get anything tangibly extra out of it. The only one I would consider is the Ranger black appearance package because of the bed liner and running boards are well worth what they’re charging for it, however I hate the look of those wheels so that's a big downside to me. 

4 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

You’re the exact opposite as me. I'm not one to pay extra for an appearance package because I don't get anything tangibly extra out of it. The only one I would consider is the Ranger black appearance package because of the bed liner and running boards are well worth what they’re charging for it, however I hate the look of those wheels so that's a big downside to me. 

I’ll buy any option that gets rid of all the chrome.

• Like 2