Where the heck are all the new Lincolns?

I dont know whats going on but over the last month Ive seen a surge of newer MKZ's out there! They look so cool coming at you. Since my initial post about this, just a few Nautilii, and MKZ's. I still never see a Aviator nor not a single Corsair yet either... so weird..

Now that we've had our Black Label Nautilus (wife's car) since turkey time last year, I have really been smitten with Lincoln styling. I love Cadillac styling, or at least mine (ELR), but I think my next car would be a Lincoln. Seriously I will never buy a non American car ever again.

• Like 4

Finally! I saw a new bright red Aviator yesterday parked outside a school. It's the first one that I can actually say it definitely was one. Looked great. I would sure like to know where all the rest are, I drive a lot and the Lincoln grills are very distinctive and you can see them a mile away coming at you. Still, it's just mostly Priuses (Priui?) and other toyotas, and subarus for the most part around here.... ugh. Funny how many different Prius versions keep coming out and they still continue to make them a legacy of fugliness.

I see Aviators around from time to time and they are distinctive. Navigators, MKCs and a couple Nautili too. Contis and MKZs are few and far between. I still get compliments on my MKZ and it's nice to have something not often seen, a black 2017+ with 19s.

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

Well, after dealing with ongoing software issues and lack of service from the Concierge, I am now resigning myself to why there aren't that many Lincolns on the road. The crap customer service from, essentially, Ford, really sucks. That's why people buy Cadillacs, even though they are ugly in comparison. Lincoln can pretend all day long to be stepping ups the game with Black Label, but it's all for show, it appears. 

On 9/27/2020 at 12:22 PM, Black Label said:

Well, after dealing with ongoing software issues and lack of service from the Concierge, I am now resigning myself to why there aren't that many Lincolns on the road. The crap customer service from, essentially, Ford, really sucks. That's why people buy Cadillacs, even though they are ugly in comparison. Lincoln can pretend all day long to be stepping ups the game with Black Label, but it's all for show, it appears. 

What software issues are you having?

I agree it's a Ford service experience, and Lincoln is going to have to get serious and go to stand-alone dealers at some point. Of course they are the only luxury make to give up on sedans, so management obviously has no sense.

On 9/28/2020 at 3:15 PM, MKZMark said:

What software issues are you having?

I agree it's a Ford service experience, and Lincoln is going to have to get serious and go to stand-alone dealers at some point. Of course they are the only luxury make to give up on sedans, so management obviously has no sense.

How much time do yo have lol. 

I have posted about it some other threads, but here goes. And, I will admit, none of these are earth shattering or cause the vehicle to not run properly. 

I noticed my infotainment screen is very slow to come to life and respond to commands like changing a channel. Takes upwards of a minute or so most times. Only on Sirius XM. The Sirius XM song/artist do not populate in the Instrument Cluster as I have seen on many review videos. Again, only on Sirius. Every other audio source populates in the Cluster.

Frequently, I get in and start the vehicle and instead of the welcome chime/tone playing through the 24 speakers, it comes through one speaker behind the steering wheel. Any and all subsequent parking aid beeps, etc., all come through that one speaker through that ignition cycle. 

Another odd one is that if I move my Drive Mode knob even just one click, but also to actually change the Mode, when the instrument cluster comes back, the compass indication disappears. It will come back if I momentarily press the Settings button and then press it again. Found a Doug Demuro video where he does that and the compass indication stays. 

I have had connectivity issues where the wifi does not work through an entire ignition cycle. iPhone sometimes will not connect. 

Again, minor issues maybe to some, but I expect it all to work properly. 

The dealer I took it to in June and then again 2 weeks ago ended up replacing the APIM. Same issues persist, however. Lincoln Concierge told me the dealer never started a Ticket with Lincoln on these issues to get Engineering involved. Inexplicably, they tried to troubleshoot at only the dealer level. Vehicle is approaching 20 days out of service for all this and it will have to go back in next week when I have time to do so. 

A big part of what is maddening is that I am the one who has to figure out that these issues are in fact issues. No one at the dealership or Concierge seems to know how the technology should work properly. 

Edited by Black Label
  • Thanks 1

On 9/28/2020 at 4:43 PM, Black Label said:

A big part of what is maddening is that I am the one who has to figure out that these issues are in fact issues. No one at the dealership or Concierge seems to know how the technology should work properly. 

Sorry to hear about the poor customer service you received from Lincoln. Everything you described is not only unacceptable, it's the opposite of what Lincoln states on its own website as being the "Lincoln Way". Hope you are able to get this resolved without too much more difficulty. 

https://www.lincoln.com/why-lincoln/lincoln-way/

"We believe that true luxury should play a bigger role in your life, not just behind the wheel of our vehicles but also out in the world. It should make your life more effortless, preserving your time and energy for what matters most. To accomplish this, we've committed to owner experiences designed to do that very thing. That's the Lincoln Way."

Edited by rperez817
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, rperez817 said:

Sorry to hear about the poor customer service you received from Lincoln. Everything you described is not only unacceptable, it's the opposite of what Lincoln states on its own website as being the "Lincoln Way". Hope you are able to get this resolved without too much more difficulty. 

https://www.lincoln.com/why-lincoln/lincoln-way/

So, after railing and ranting with a Concierge a coupe days ago, same thing. He emailed to give me his info and then did not respond to several of mine as well as 2 voicemails. Today on Facebook, the Lincoln page, which I have "Liked", had a post with a near identical Nav as mine. I sort of made a snarky and rude comment about the lack of ownership experience. 

Well, within minutes, someone replied and requested I PM him. After a few PMs, the Concierge who had been ignoring me, finally called. 

It is unfortunate, and believe me, I have made it abundantly clear to them, that I have to get crappy like that to get results. I swear it is driving me away from Lincoln, as much as I love my Navigator with the annoying bugs it has. 

Yes, the ownership experience as a Lincoln owner, and sorry if it sounds snooty, but particularly a Black Label owner, has been far from effortless as in the quote you posted. 

And, how's Fort Worth? My mom is coming up from there to visit us this week. 

Edit: I have been with Ford since 1990 and now Lincoln. Yes, I think it will get resolved. At least, that is my hope. 

Edited by Black Label
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, Black Label said:

So, after railing and ranting with a Concierge a coupe days ago, same thing. He emailed to give me his info and then did not respond to several of mine as well as 2 voicemails. Today on Facebook, the Lincoln page, which I have "Liked", had a post with a near identical Nav as mine. I sort of made a snarky and rude comment about the lack of ownership experience. 

Well, within minutes, someone replied and requested I PM him. After a few PMs, the Concierge who had been ignoring me, finally called. 

It is unfortunate, and believe me, I have made it abundantly clear to them, that I have to get crappy like that to get results. I swear it is driving me away from Lincoln, as much as I love my Navigator with the annoying bugs it has. 

Yes, the ownership experience as a Lincoln owner, and sorry if it sounds snooty, but particularly a Black Label owner, has been far from effortless as in the quote you posted. 

And, how's Fort Worth? My mom is coming up from there to visit us this week. 

Edit: I have been with Ford since 1990 and now Lincoln. Yes, I think it will get resolved. At least, that is my hope. 

Thank you for sharing your experience Black Label sir. As a customer of the most high end product in the Lincoln lineup, you certainly deserve the best customer care possible. It's not snooty at all to expect that. After all the "Lincoln Way" makes it clear that you should not have to worry about getting the bugs in your Navigator resolved. It should be automatic "all hands on deck" for the Lincoln customer care team and Ford engineers to address your issues quickly, accurately, and proactively with minimum effort on your part.

I wish your mom a pleasant trip to Fort Worth! I never get tired of promoting my hometown. Fort Worth is now the fastest growing big city in the U.S. and is on track to exceed 1 million population within city limits within the next 2-3 years. 

Fort Worth's local Lincoln dealer, Hooks Lincoln on the west side, is known for great customer service. The DFW Metroplex is one of the largest and most competitive markets for luxury vehicles in the world. With Mercedes-Benz, BMW, Lexus, and Tesla having such a large presence here, Lincoln dealers know they have to go the extra mile to attract customers to their brand.

• Like 1

Yes, the stand alone Lincoln dealer near me is on a strip with every high end luxury make represented, yet its facade and building are an embarrassment as a Lincoln dealership. And, thanks, I agree, I should have a seamless and effortless experience but from the day I bought the vehicle it has been anything but. You can Google Ogden Lincoln of Westmont and see the pics. 

The colocated dealer where I bought the vehicle actually has a very nice Lincoln side that is separate. But, when time to discuss financing, we had to go over to the Ford side and deal with the crusty old 20+ year finance guy in his shabby office. The vehicle was dirty to the point where I had to go back the next day and have them redo it. The buying process was so slow, even though they knew we were coming, that we had to rush out as we were late for an event we should have had plenty of time to make. 

Anyway, sorry to keep railing here. 

Yes, I love FW. My mom does live there. She is coming to visit us here in IL. 

• Like 1

On 9/30/2020 at 1:02 PM, Black Label said:

Yes, the stand alone Lincoln dealer near me is on a strip with every high end luxury make represented, yet its facade and building are an embarrassment as a Lincoln dealership. And, thanks, I agree, I should have a seamless and effortless experience but from the day I bought the vehicle it has been anything but. You can Google Ogden Lincoln of Westmont and see the pics. 

The colocated dealer where I bought the vehicle actually has a very nice Lincoln side that is separate. But, when time to discuss financing, we had to go over to the Ford side and deal with the crusty old 20+ year finance guy in his shabby office. The vehicle was dirty to the point where I had to go back the next day and have them redo it. The buying process was so slow, even though they knew we were coming, that we had to rush out as we were late for an event we should have had plenty of time to make. 

Anyway, sorry to keep railing here. 

Yes, I love FW. My mom does live there. She is coming to visit us here in IL. 

They like to drag out the process until you're exhausted and will agree to anything to get out of there.

• Haha 1