Sulfur smell outside car

Hey I thought I'd ask the forum minds before we get a "uh I dunno" from the dealer.

Its happened at least 3 times now.  Intermittent.  Get home or get somewhere and there's a really bad sulfur smell outside the car.  Not faint, it's pretty stinky . the last time my wife just drove to the store which is pretty close. She gets back in the car and the inside reeked like it. I guess maybe the smell was in the engine compartment and the fan sucked it inside? I dunno but I've never had a car smell like that before. When we first got it on Thanksgiving eve, it had some new car burn off smells to be expected. It's mostly subsided but now there's the sulfur smell back and it's not pretty. Last week she had already taken off and I came out in the garage and that smell was still lingering as if it doesn't even need to warm up to produce the smell, it was already stinking up the garage before she could get out... and the tailpipe is obviously pointing out the garage door...

So points to gas scenarios I would imagine. Is this normal? It does seem to be intermittent so that's what's weird. Anyone have any ideas? 2.7 engine. Pepe LaPew would be proud.

17 hours ago, CoolScoop said:

https://parksidemotors.ca/why-does-my-car-smell-like-rotten-eggs/

Could also just be how it was driven.  A problem would most likely trigger the check engine light and register a trouble code.

Hey buddy, that's a great article, thanks for posting the link!!!

yesterday it happened again, my wife went to the store (5 miles away). She was only in the store about 20 minutes. Said she didn't smell the smell until she got in the car and started it up. Then she smelled it and had to open the window.

Here's the funny thing - she was really attached to her FPace for the power. And I keep telling her to switch the Nautilus to Sport mode so she can get her groove back and appreciate the power and handling of the Nautilus (and more torque) but she just won't for some reason. I'd like to get her to use "option 1" of the stated article and "drive like a teenager" to see if that helps. I honestly think she likes the D mode (I have set to Normal mode) and likes the smoother ride but then just hits the pedal harder to get her stoplight Gran Prix thing going again. All over short distances everyday... So maybe that CC isn't getting up to normal operating temp and giving off the smell... Since the car is brand new I would think unlikely that it's already a bad sensor. But who knows.

Thanks for the replies guys