Tesla reaches settlement with state of Michigan

HotRunrGuy

1 hour ago, akirby said:

They also tried to help dealers sell used cars by advertising them on the internet, then sending the vehicle to the nearest dealer to test drive and complete the transaction.

Dealers sued, even though they were getting the sales.   They won.

This is why musk wants nothing to do with those sham franchise laws....so far it is working out beautufully for tesla...

12 minutes ago, snooter said:

This is why musk wants nothing to do with those sham franchise laws....so far it is working out beautufully for tesla...

It works out because the volume is low and it's a niche product and they have no legacy infrastructure.   It won't work for mainstream mfrs.

24 minutes ago, akirby said:

It works out because the volume is low and it's a niche product and they have no legacy infrastructure.   It won't work for mainstream mfrs.

It will...its more of the same that has tied-up detroit for years...the mistake made is many discounted tesla from the begining...

14 minutes ago, akirby said:

The closest Tesla Service Center to me is about 100 miles away.  I’m not interested in doing business long distance.  

21 minutes ago, CurtisH said:

The closest Tesla Service Center to me is about 100 miles away.  I’m not interested in doing business long distance.  

Tesla has mobile service available for certain tasks. You can request a technician come to your workplace or residence. https://www.tesla.com/support/mobile-service

Edited by rperez817

22 minutes ago, snooter said:

It will...its more of the same that has tied-up detroit for years...the mistake made is many discounted tesla from the begining...

Has nothing to do with Detroit and everything to do with scale and volume.   You can't build and service 2 million vehicles per year out of one factory and a handfull of showrooms.

14 minutes ago, rperez817 said:

Tesla has mobile service available for certain tasks. You can request a technician come to your workplace or residence. https://www.tesla.com/support/mobile-service

The key to your statement is “certain tasks”.  Check out TFL’s fiasco with trying to get their Tesla repaired after a minor incident in a parking garage.  It took way too long for the repair because they didn’t use a Tesla Service Center.  They did use an authorized repair center and it was still a nightmare.  Not something I’m interested in.  

4 hours ago, akirby said:

They also tried to help dealers sell used cars by advertising them on the internet, then sending the vehicle to the nearest dealer to test drive and complete the transaction.

Dealers sued, even though they were getting the sales.   They won.

That sounds like an awesome idea actually. .. I imagine it would be very useful to someone looking for rare model or optioned vehicle