Dont park your c8 in Detroit..

blwnsmoke

29 minutes ago, jcartwright99 said:

It's pretty high for the population. Not Chicago high but still pretty high.

Every year so far in the Duggan administration the official numbers from the police chief say that crime rates are going down and every year the FBI called BS on their numbers. I worked in the city on the East side (Harper/Cadieux and Harper/Whittier area all the way to Jefferson) during the kilpatrick administration and I felt MUCH safer walking around the city back then than I do even walking around downtown now. 

The official narrative is nothing but hollow BS. 

Edited by fuzzymoomoo

The violent crime rate continues to drop year after year but Detroit has always been high and continues to be high with petty crime, like rim theft and vehicle theft, burglary, etc. I'm moving back to Detroit after I've been away for 7 years and I'm excited but I will be cautious, as I've always been growing up in the city. 

2 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Detroit: the Justifiable homicide capital of America 

it's really not dropping. They just keep recategorizing certain crimes to non-violent designations. 

I can't argue against or dismiss that; I don't have factual data in front of me to go either way with that statement. You could be right. 

10 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Detroit: the Justifiable homicide capital of America 

it's really not dropping. They just keep recategorizing certain crimes to non-violent designations. 

Don’t be trying to take away our leadership status on that front (I live in the Chicago area)!  That’s what the brass does here too. A lot of the murders are categorized as death investigations, and don’t get recategorized as homicides until later, but the recategorization is counted against the annual total. For example, a naked female found sitting in a chair with her hands tied behind her back and a bullet in her head...death investigation. 

15 hours ago, jcartwright99 said:

It's pretty high for the population. Not Chicago high but still pretty high.

There is more crime in Chicago, but the crime rate is much higher in Detroit because it has a smaller population. Currently, Detroit has the second highest violent crime rate (2,057 per 100,000) of U.S. cities, just behind St. Louis and just ahead of Baltimore. Chicago clocks in at #21 at 1,099 per 100,000.

49 minutes ago, Gurgeh said:

Currently, Detroit has the second highest violent crime rate (2,057 per 100,000) of U.S. cities

For car theft rate (probably including car parts like wheels and tires), Detroit is #9. It and Birmingham Alabama are the only cities east of the Mississippi in the top 20.

highest-car-theft-rates-us-cities-map.jp

I thought the car wasn't being shipped until Februay of 2020?  How did this one get on the street? The first one, 0001 VIN was just sold for $3,000,000, and it was only a pre-production model for show only, purchased by Rick Hencrick. Detroit Free Press said the actual car will be built in February.???

Edited by exploder48

1 hour ago, exploder48 said:

How did this one get on the street? 

That particular C8 was probably a test car assigned to a GM employee.

Incidentally, Car and Driver's long term 2014 Ford Fusion got similar treatment at an apartment complex in Ann Arbor, Michigan a few years ago.

2014-ford-fusion-titanium-20l-ecoboost-a

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, rperez817 said:

That particular C8 was probably a test car assigned to a GM employee.

Incidentally, Car and Driver's long term 2014 Ford Fusion got similar treatment at an apartment complex in Ann Arbor, Michigan a few years ago.

2014-ford-fusion-titanium-20l-ecoboost-a

I have a hunch that Fusion lost its wheels at an apartment complex just off ann arbor saline road. 

As for the C8,  just read yesterday that the strike pushed them out till early fall production. I love it how it won car of the year in December, when it would be in production for another 10 months. Typical.