2021 Escalade Front end shown in Teaser

rmc523

SLEscalade.jpg[/img]

We know the 2021 Cadillac Escalade will be breaking cover on February 4 to join its full-size GM truck compatriots. And now we know Spike Lee will have the honors of introducing the Cadillac at the Oscars through a short film he directed called “Anthem.”

Cadillac also took the opportunity to tease the new Escalade's front end with this nugget of a preview. We get to see the grille, headlight and DRL design of the 2021 Escalade, staring daggers through Spike Lee’s back in a studio. The grille is a traditional Escalade look, eschewing the grille design seen on more recent Cadillac SUVs like the XT6 and XT4. It uses larger silver bars that scythe across the front end as opposed to the mesh and speckled black/chrome seen on the Cadillac crossovers. Similar to the XT6, however, it does go with a horizontal main headlight and a vertical DRL. This marks a departure from the vertically-oriented headlights we’re used to seeing on the biggest Cadillac.

We’ll note that the bumper-width lower grille appears to be done in black, but there’s no shortage of chrome on this Escalade’s front end. Our best look at the interior is through a grainy video Cadillac teased to us about a month ago. It’s going to have 38 inches of curved screen, using OLED technology. That’s going to be lovely to look at. The front end teased in this photo is plenty fine, too, but we’re not seeing anything that’ll upset the apple cart from an exterior design perspective yet.

16 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

Ok guys, didn't need to nuke the thread, but I did some moderating of it-talk about the product, not the guy in front of it. I don't want this to turn ugly.

I appreciate what you guys do, but with all due respect I thought that was about as civil as you could get. 

• Like 1

On 1/29/2020 at 1:39 PM, chrisholland03 said:

Cadillac's styling recently hasn't been speaking to me.  Or at least not saying much of what I want to hear.  It's just bland.  That's what I think about what I've seen of the upcoming Escalade too. 

To me, Cadillac just feels like top-of-the-line GM. Yes its premium. Yes its loaded. Yes they are great vehicles. But they just scream GM premium. Not premium all on it's own.

IMO, Ford has accepted this is how buyers view Lincoln and have embraced it. GM is still chasing something it lost decades ago and will never get back 

Edited by J-150

Honestly, it will sell no matter if it's crap or not at this point. When Lincoln stopped trying with the Navigator for about 20 years,  GM was building brand equity in the Escalade. It will take years of hard work for Lincoln to over come that. Not that they can't but it won't be overnight.  This is what we call squandering what you had.

• Sad 1

18 minutes ago, jcartwright99 said:

Honestly, it will sell no matter if it's crap or not at this point. When Lincoln stopped trying with the Navigator for about 20 years,  GM was building brand equity in the Escalade. It will take years of hard work for Lincoln to over come that. Not that they can't but it won't be overnight.  This is what we call squandering what you had.

Who cares about Escalade? 2019 was down 2300 units compared to 2018.  60% of Yukon sales are Denalis.  GMC sells more Yukon Denalis than Cadillac sells Escalades.