More info on upcoming Rivian-derived Ford product

5 minutes ago, Bellanca said:

I like my Aviator but ideally I wanted Nautilus sized. 

Wife likes the MKX.   I would like an Aviator or Explorer just for the extra room up front - don't really need 3 rows.  But that also wouldn't fit as well in the garage with my F150.

We're going to look at a Corsair when we take our MKX in for the battery cable recall - it might be big enough now and the PHEV option is intriguing.   If not we'll probably just wait for the new Nautilus.  Our MKX only has 40K miles.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bellanca said:

If it’s close to my Aviator BL then I’d be fine with that. Not sure where Rivian sees themselves in comparison to Lincoln price wise. 

Well, they're anticipating the RS1 to start at $72,500 and go up from there if that gives any indication.

2 hours ago, Bellanca said:

I like my Aviator but ideally I wanted Nautilus sized. 

Well, there's a midsize BEV coming too.  I agree Nautilus is a good size.

2 hours ago, akirby said:

Wife likes the MKX.   I would like an Aviator or Explorer just for the extra room up front - don't really need 3 rows.  But that also wouldn't fit as well in the garage with my F150.

We're going to look at a Corsair when we take our MKX in for the battery cable recall - it might be big enough now and the PHEV option is intriguing.   If not we'll probably just wait for the new Nautilus.  Our MKX only has 40K miles.

Saw my second Corsair on the road this morning - it looks great!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, rmc523 said:

Well, they're anticipating the RS1 to start at $72,500 and go up from there if that gives any indication.

Well, there's a midsize BEV coming too.  I agree Nautilus is a good size.

Saw my second Corsair on the road this morning - it looks great!

Which is supposed to arrive first? The Rivian/Ford based model?

55 minutes ago, Bellanca said:

The article I read yesterday stated the mid level R1T(300 miles) will start at $69k; earlier reports said the R1S was $3k more. 

There has been an article going around stating that the prices will be less than what Rivian originally said also.

Obviously Ford and Lincoln want as many +$60K buyers as they can get, it’s all about big ROI, so let’s see if they can entice more buyers, you gotta have the right products to begin with.

imo Tesla is positioning itself to get sliced and diced by the first innovative/Korean car maker that under cuts the 3 by $10k, they not switching to utilities fast enough.. and this is where Ford, GM, the Euros and Japanese will make their stand.

Edited by jpd80

3 hours ago, rmc523 said:

Well, werent the midsize BEVs slated for 22/23?

We haven't had a timeline on the Rivian model until RJ Scaringe mentioned its progress the other day.

I have been trying to follow this closely, as my Nautilus lease is up in a couple of years. From what I can tell, three separate new Lincoln SUV products will be out within a year or two period: the large 3-row BEV SUV built on the Rivian skateboard, the mid-sized (presumably 2-row) BEV crossover that is being developed inhouse (like the MME) by FMC for both Ford and Lincoln products, and the mid-sized redesigned ICE/hybrid Nautilus (being developed alongside the new Ford Edge). All should be out sometime in the 2022-2023 model year period. My hunch is the Rivian product hits first, but Ford/Lincoln haven't said peep about the exact timing or sequence. 

Edited by Gurgeh
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Electric Transit is already a thing in Europe. I'm sure it will make its way over here at some point. 

It was in the contract, wasn’t it?

Yep. 

https://www.freep.com/story/money/cars/ford/2019/11/01/ford-uaw-product-investments-dearborn-chicago-flat-rock/4127014002/

Edited by sullynd

15 hours ago, akirby said:

I think that’s right.

F150 

Mach-E, Ford and Lincoln Midsize crossovers - 2 row

Rivian based 3 row Lincoln crossover

You know, this made me think about this....

We've been upset that it sounds like Edge/Nautilus will go to C2 instead of RWD/CD6.  BUT if there are two midsize electric utilities, they could totally be RWD/AWD and be more performance oriented, while Edge/Nautilus go more "normal/relaxed".

Edited by rmc523

11 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

You know, this made me think about this....

We've been upset that it sounds like Edge/Nautilus will go to C2 instead of RWD/CD6.  BUT if there are two electric utilities, they could totally be RWD/AWD and be more performance oriented, while Edge/Nautilus go more "normal/relaxed".

Yep - I had thought the same thing when that was announced.