Mustang Mach 1 mule?

4 minutes ago, Twin Turbo said:

5.0 Bullitt spec (GT350 intake and tune) ++

5.2 normally aspirated cross plane crank 

5.0 + hybrid

Seems there are a number of potential ways for this to go. 

option 2 seems like it's the least likely of those 3 to me. You’re basically talking about a whole new engine at that point. 

53 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

option 2 seems like it's the least likely of those 3 to me. You’re basically talking about a whole new engine at that point. 

5.2 with a CPC is basically the GT500 engine without the supercharger.  The last Mach 1 was the Cobra engine (Terminator) without the supercharger. Not saying it will happen, but I think it’s a possibility. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yep, my reasoning for throwing the option of the normally aspirated 5.2 cross plane crank V8 is because that's effectively a GT500 engine without the supercharger. This was the route the '03/'04 Mach 1 took. It used a n/a Cobra motor.....a 32v quad cam V8 with 305hp, verses the 16v 260hp V8 in the GT of the time. There's also already a 5.2 cpc crate engine called the Aluminator.

I do agree that's the least likely option, but it would be my choice.

I suspect it'll be a Bullitt spec V8 with perhaps a little more power (495hp?)

As for rear window slats......some things are better left in the past :)

On 1/27/2020 at 7:03 PM, fuzzymoomoo said:

I've seen a S550 Mustang with rear window slats on the road. I know they were aftermarket but the look doesn't suit that car. 

Apparently it’s a thing for f-150s now. I’ve seen a few on the road...

https://www.thedrive.com/news/26381/this-mustang-inspired-ford-f-150-fastback-is-real-and-yes-you-can-buy-it

7 minutes ago, jasonj80 said:

Always has shocked how much money people will spend to make their vehicle look worse than it did from the factory. 

Nothing is shocking to me anymore. Style is subjective. I am sure the reason the person is doing it because they think it will look good. However, there is a large amount of the population that has bad taste.