PowertrainCARE ESP Questions

I've never thought about an Ford ESP so I don't know much about them. I have a potential situation ( TSB ) that is making me explore my options. There have been a couple of threads on here about 1.5/1.6/2.0 which have gone into detail. Now that I know the why, I need to figure out a resolution. It got me thinking about a powertrain ESP,  which again I know little to nothing about other than what the PDF stated on their website.

Currently, I have a 2017 Fusion 2.0 with 47k on it. I still have the powertrain warranty till 5 years 60k. Is it possible to get possible to get the PowertrainCARE ESP with my mileage? Flood Ford ESP site stated that I had 41k and was ineligible. Although I swear another site said I was when I  initially looked. The rules seem a bit unclear and I've visited a few dealer sites and the prices were different. I would think that since I still have the factory powertrain warranty I would be able to pick one up. Can anyone explain this to me? 

It’s simple, Ford ESP’s can be purchased within the terms of the bumper to bumper warranty.  Which in your case is 3yrs/36k miles.  You could research other extended warranty providers if you so choose. I have purchased 4 ESP’s from Flood Ford during the last 15 years, best price available without question and no needless negotiation.  I was able to get the local dealer to match their price (finally) on my most recent new Ford purchase.  Good luck!

15 minutes ago, akirby said:

There is a provision to purchase an ESP after expiration of the factory warranty.  It requires a dealer inspection.

That provision appears to apply to used vehicle purchases.  Not sure if it would apply to the OP’s vehicle.   At any rate, it would be a good idea to visit a Ford dealer to discuss options.  

1 hour ago, akirby said:

There is a provision to purchase an ESP after expiration of the factory warranty.  It requires a dealer inspection.

I’m fine with that since I’m still covered by power train warranty. I’ve been good with maintenance. 

1 hour ago, 02MustangGT said:

That provision appears to apply to used vehicle purchases.  Not sure if it would apply to the OP’s vehicle.   At any rate, it would be a good idea to visit a Ford dealer to discuss options.  

Yeah , the next stop during my Next’s works oil change. 

My fear is the engine goes after 60k and then I’m on the hook. You never know how this TSB will go. 1k now to repair 5-7k later. I wish I didn’t have to think this way. To be honest I’m a bit disappointed.  I really like the car and other than a PTU leak has been solid. 

4 hours ago, jcartwright99 said:

I've never thought about an Ford ESP so I don't know much about them. I have a potential situation ( TSB ) that is making me explore my options. There have been a couple of threads on here about 1.5/1.6/2.0 which have gone into detail. Now that I know the why, I need to figure out a resolution. It got me thinking about a powertrain ESP,  which again I know little to nothing about other than what the PDF stated on their website.

Currently, I have a 2017 Fusion 2.0 with 47k on it. I still have the powertrain warranty till 5 years 60k. Is it possible to get possible to get the PowertrainCARE ESP with my mileage? Flood Ford ESP site stated that I had 41k and was ineligible. Although I swear another site said I was when I  initially looked. The rules seem a bit unclear and I've visited a few dealer sites and the prices were different. I would think that since I still have the factory powertrain warranty I would be able to pick one up. Can anyone explain this to me? 

Yes you can buy a used ESP with your mileage.  My contact will sell it at dealer cost to you.  See the sticky st the top of the forum.  You can go with more coverage then powertrain if you want. 

Used coverage is 12month/12k intervals and you can get up to 6yr/75k (I know I said 12k intervals but for some reason they go to 75k).

Also, used plans start at the time you buy it, so if you bought a 5yr/60k today, the 5yr/60k starts today.

10 hours ago, blwnsmoke said:

Yes you can buy a used ESP with your mileage.  My contact will sell it at dealer cost to you.  See the sticky st the top of the forum.  You can go with more coverage then powertrain if you want. 

Used coverage is 12month/12k intervals and you can get up to 6yr/75k (I know I said 12k intervals but for some reason they go to 75k).

Also, used plans start at the time you buy it, so if you bought a 5yr/60k today, the 5yr/60k starts today.

That's good news! Thanks. I will probably wait a little bit closer to the end of my powertrain warranty and purchase one.