2.7 Fusion Sport, Opinions

Well   my 2010  SHO is pushing 115,000 and knock on wood has been trouble free.  I've been trying to find a low miles SHO CPO to replace with no luck.  I did come across though a couple of 2017 Fusion  Sports  with under 25,000 and they are CPO.  Any opinions on that combo?  

Then again I say, 'what's the point"?  have had  SHO since new, well cared for and I'm an "easy" driver (got 70,000 miles on original Eagles. Would you believe? Have never done a burn out in it!  

Then again I say ...be patient and see what Bronco looks like.

Thoughts?

• Like 1

I don't have the pocketbook to buy one, so I can't speak to owning one. However, Sport should have been the halo car for third generation Fusion from the get-go. It should have been given the "SHO" moniker. Well worthy of the name. Seriously fun to drive. 

That being said, day to day it is a lot easier to enter/exit the Taurus, so definitely take that into consideration.  

22 minutes ago, jasonj80 said:

Also remember If it is under 3 years 36k from the inservice date you can get a Ford ESP warranty and basically make any Fusion Sport a CPO one. 

You can also get an ESP after the warranty expires but you have to go through a few extra steps including a dealer inspection and probably costs more.  But it is available.

• Like 1

There’s a few different sites for it to get an idea you can look here https://www.floodfordesp.com/ Ziegler and Koch Ford as the one in the sticky on this forum are good. The way it works is you pick your deductible per visit (not per item they look at so if you pick $100 and have them look at 3 things on that visit you only pay $100) and length of time from the original in service date and mileage, you can add these to CPO as well for even longer terms and lower prices. The premium plan is basically a bumper to bumper plan. 

21 minutes ago, twintornados said:

DING DING DING DING DING DING DING.....I tell myself the same when I start getting a hankerin' for a new Corsair to replace my 2017 MKC

I hear you.  My motivation is not driven by .."gotta have one of those", its more of a "business issue".  I love my SHO, I just want warranty protection.

If a new Taurus SHO was being built today at CAP on the new  Explorer platform that might be a different motivator.

Original Goodyears were not round. Went straight to Mich Sport AS 3+'s.

Those and Steeda sway bars makes it handle way better than it should, especially 

over 4000 lbs (I've hit a peak of 1.05 G's with Mich summer tires)

IMG_1946a.jpg

Doesn't sound like you are as into the speed part, but they do run high 12's with a tune. 

Agree that you may like MKZ better, as it has more gismos and even though it is heavier, it has a decent

amount more power stock, so won't kill warantee with tune. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/28/2020 at 10:58 PM, Bob Rosadini said:

Well   my 2010  SHO is pushing 115,000 and knock on wood has been trouble free.  I've been trying to find a low miles SHO CPO to replace with no luck.  I did come across though a couple of 2017 Fusion  Sports  with under 25,000 and they are CPO.  Any opinions on that combo?  

Then again I say, 'what's the point"?  have had  SHO since new, well cared for and I'm an "easy" driver (got 70,000 miles on original Eagles. Would you believe? Have never done a burn out in it!  

Then again I say ...be patient and see what Bronco looks like.

Thoughts?

Well to close this out.  After looking at a couple of Fusion Sports-small  screen, I started looking at MKZ's and that is what I ended up with .  2017, 39,000+  miles, CPO, 3.0T, AWD, Reserve, Driver Sport package and very good Car Fax (typical 36 mo.lease, and off to auction.  

Hated to part with the SHO as it was flawless and to the un initiated if it was parked next to a 2019, someone would think it was a 2018.  In any case sold it to a retired cousin whose wife had passed, and he had sold her car, and discovered that his Ranger pick up that he hauled his Sheltie pup around in was not exactly something that his new lady friends thought was the ideal vehicle?. He will probably put a couple of thousand miles a year on it.

Feel good about that as I'll be able to keep tabs on it-hated the thought of someone trashing it-yeah I know its just a car!

MKZ is nice and after my youngest son gave me an education and spared me the ordeal of going through almost 600 pages of the owner's manual, I think I will enjoy it.

Thx again guys for your comments.

• Like 5

My parents love their MkZ, and I drive it when I visit them in FL. The one thing that bugs me is the push button transmission gear select. You have to look at the buttons and be careful not to shut the engine off after backing out in the street like my mom did with it. No one beeped at us, but she was still embarrassed. 

41 minutes ago, atomcat68 said:

My parents love their MkZ, and I drive it when I visit them in FL. The one thing that bugs me is the push button transmission gear select. You have to look at the buttons and be careful not to shut the engine off after backing out in the street like my mom did with it. No one beeped at us, but she was still embarrassed. 

If I remember correctly they relocated the start button after one year to prevent that from happening,

• Like 1

Yes that push button gear shift does take some getting used to.  Shut/start is top button.

JasonJ-thx for suggestion on MKZ 3.0.  Never would have looked as I thought they were all 4 bangers.  I also started looking on You Tube and found all sorts of videos praising the MKZ.  Once again classic Ford marketing-ever see an ad talking about a 400  HP AWD MKZ?  Nope.

• Like 4

On 2/14/2020 at 8:03 AM, Bob Rosadini said:

Yes that push button gear shift does take some getting used to.  Shut/start is top button.

JasonJ-thx for suggestion on MKZ 3.0.  Never would have looked as I thought they were all 4 bangers.  I also started looking on You Tube and found all sorts of videos praising the MKZ.  Once again classic Ford marketing-ever see an ad talking about a 400  HP AWD MKZ?  Nope.

Congrats on the new ride!  Both the MKZ 3.0 and Fusion Sports are both hot rods and no one knows anything about them. I've surprised a lot of people in my "sleeper" Fusion.

• Like 1