Ford and GM's plans for Electric Pickups

1 hour ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Honestly, the UP should just be it's own state. Their values are completely different than what Lansing thinks they are. 

I lived there in the 70's and 80's.  Iron Mountain first, then Munising.  The biggest culture shock of my life was leaving SE Michigan and moving to the western U.P.  Night and day difference.  Urban vs. rural.  The Gaylord area is close enough to SE Michigan to have a bit of "urbaness" to it (we love your tourist dollars, so come on up) but the U.P is like going to northern Ontario.  100% natural resource-based.  Your biggest worry in the morning is whether a black bear got into your bird feeder during the night.

16 minutes ago, mackinaw said:

I lived there in the 70's and 80's.  Iron Mountain first, then Munising.  The biggest culture shock of my life was leaving SE Michigan and moving to the western U.P.  Night and day difference.  Urban vs. rural.  The Gaylord area is close enough to SE Michigan to have a bit of "urbaness" to it (we love your tourist dollars, so come on up) but the U.P is like going to northern Ontario.  100% natural resource-based.  Your biggest worry in the morning is whether a black bear got into your bird feeder during the night.

God that sounds wonderful 

I want nothing more than to move somewhere where my closest  neighbor is at least 1/4 mile away. 

Edited by fuzzymoomoo
  • Like 1