Savage Geese reviews the Lincoln Corsair

10 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

I took it to mean that there's a paddle shift mode but it's only a limited manual shift somehow 

I looked at the OM - there are still paddle shifters and manual mode but no S button that keeps it in manual mode indefinitely.  Once you go to manual mode it will stay there as long as it's needed (spirited driving, holding a lower gear downhill, etc.) but will go back to auto when you're cruising.   I think it will work fine.  As compared to the base Edge where they removed the paddle shifters altogether and there is no way to manually downshift or hold a gear.

13 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Has he done one for the Aviator yet? I'm curious about his thoughts considering there's a lot of similar elements here combined with what his opinion is of the Explorer. 

I was thinking the same thing.  I looked through his video history and I didn't see an Aviator review.  I'd be interested to see if it solved his complaints he had with Explorer.

11 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

I was thinking the same thing.  I looked through his video history and I didn't see an Aviator review.  I'd be interested to see if it solved his complaints he had with Explorer.

Most likely since I think Lincoln paid the same type of attention to Aviator that they did to Corsair.

I'm still trying to decide if they cheapened Explorer and Escape on purpose to make the Lincolns more attractive and/or to increase profit margin or if they just put all the resources on the Lincoln models and didn't have time to completely finish the Ford models.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, akirby said:

Most likely since I think Lincoln paid the same type of attention to Aviator that they did to Corsair.

I'm still trying to decide if they cheapened Explorer and Escape on purpose to make the Lincolns more attractive and/or to increase profit margin or if they just put all the resources on the Lincoln models and didn't have time to completely finish the Ford models.

Could be some of both - didn't want the Fords creeping into Lincoln territory "quality" wise (though they do price-wise), all while resources got put into the Lincolns.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, jasonj80 said:

Some (but not all) of his past critiques have been more  about click-bate and deep personal opinion than any sort of fact. 

Savage Geese lets his viewers know when he is sharing deep personal opinion, I like that about his videos. He also does a good job sharing facts that can be verified. A good example is what he mentioned in this Corsair video about past Lincolns, that they were characterized by "faux" luxury rather than true substance. I owned several older Lincolns over the years and can confirm that.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

It's a press vehicle. Wouldn't shock me if some fat-thumbed goofball pushed it too hard. 

Well it would shock me even less if this is just the way it currently is rolling off the assembly line.......given current history of some un-excusable gaps in quality 

• Like 1

Good review. The center panel definitely needs to be addressed. When I first saw the design with that section kinda sticking out of the dash, I always thought there would be some issues. I thought the whole thing might flex a bit, but I didn’t expect the top to push in like that.

I really like the Corsair. I hope anyone who is considering an escape titanium goes and gives this thing a test drive. Seems like it’s well worth the 2k price difference.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Oh damn, I didn't realize there was only a $2k difference between a loaded Escape Ti and a base Corsair. That seems like a steal to me. 

$2k?  Not really a bargain considering the content in loaded Escape vs base Corsair.  For example, base Aviator is less money than a loaded Explorer.  

31 minutes ago, 02MustangGT said:

$2k?  Not really a bargain considering the content in loaded Escape vs base Corsair.  For example, base Aviator is less money than a loaded Explorer.  

Other than the fact the Corsair looks significantly better than the Escape.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tbone said:

Other than the fact the Corsair looks significantly better than the Escape.  

plus the ride will be much better and it will be much quieter. It also comes with the 2.0L standard. Equipping that on the escape adds 3k and makes it more expensive than the Corsair. The few things the escape has that the base Corsair doesn’t aren’t worth taking a lesser vehicle for, at least in my opinion.

• Like 2