Savage Geese reviews the Lincoln Corsair

1 hour ago, kyle said:

Maybe so but same company is more my point. 

It's also the same company that did a complete overhaul of the plants that built the F-150 in six months (and did it twice) with no notable issues on launch of a largely new vehicle. I don't have the numbers handy, but I'm pretty sure DTP alone produces more F-150s than CAP builds Explorers.

I don't know why the Explorer has had so many issues, but it's not because the company can't get a launch right.

Edited by SoonerLS

On 1/31/2020 at 7:37 AM, Anthony said:

I was admittedly pretty shocked at how the center panel flexed when he pushed the buttons.  Otherwise, looks like a damn fine vehicle.

I can assure you that the 3 I test drove and the one I bought don't do that.  I guarantee you it was a press vehicle, and there's no telling who did what to that one.  Same with the door rattles he mentions.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, hbalek said:

Didn't the smaller plantforms like the last generation Escape. MKC, Focus, C-Max get engineered and designed by the European operations?  I'm wondering if this is still the case with these new models.

The C platform originated in Europe (from Volvo, IIRC), but I’m pretty sure the CUV engineering has all been done in Dearborn.