Hyundai to include free maintenance

blwnsmoke

Starting Feb 1st, all 2020s will get free maintenance for 3yr/36k.

They are really stepping their game up.  Granted now with the Ford pass points you get, it covers the first 3 services too so Ford is pretty on par with this.

https://www.yahoo.com/autos/hyundai-expands-warranty-coverage-add-140000484.html

Edited by blwnsmoke

45 minutes ago, blwnsmoke said:

The points you get equate to the first 3 oil changes being free.  If one chooses to use their points towards that is up to them.

I have yet to figure out how the points work - it won't tell me how many points various services are, so how do I know when to use them?  How many points is an oil change?

Edited by rmc523

1 hour ago, rmc523 said:

I have yet to figure out how the points work - it won't tell me how many points various services are, so how do I know when to use them?  How many points is an oil change?

So 42,000 points is worth $210.  

Here is the breakdown from the Ford owner report.  7,500miles (11,000 points), 15k miles (11,000 points) and 22,500miles (20,000 points) services are covered.  Those 3 equal 42k which is what Ford gives you.

If you buy a diesel you are issued more points  (75k) to cover the same 3 services.

All you have to do is tell the cashier who you would pay for the service that you want to use your points and they can pull up your account and use them.

Screenshot_20200203-170117_Chrome.jpg

Edited by blwnsmoke

3 hours ago, probowler said:

I think i prefer Hyundais approach, accumulating and tracking points to trade in seems like an outdated approach. 

Good for them for trying to become more competitive, i would love to see ford take that approach as well.

There is no accumulating or tracking.  When you buy the vehicle, you automatically get 42,000 deposited.  You automatically get the first 3 services for free.  I agree it isnt like Hyundai and I gove them credit for doing it but it is very simple.  There is nothing you need to do but tell them to use your points.

15 hours ago, blwnsmoke said:

There is no accumulating or tracking.  When you buy the vehicle, you automatically get 42,000 deposited.  You automatically get the first 3 services for free.  I agree it isnt like Hyundai and I gove them credit for doing it but it is very simple.  There is nothing you need to do but tell them to use your points.

Hm.  Sucks that I bought my Mustang just as they were launching, so didn't get any points for that.

Thanks for tracking down those figures - they're nowhere to be found on the app.

I've been dealing with FordPass since the middle of December to try to get my missed points applied, all the way back to August of 2019 (10k of those are bonus points for buying tires).  I think we're about to get there, though...sheesh!  I've got an oil change coming up on the Super Duty, so I'm hoping I've got enough for a free one!

What's great about the Ford points is that you can accumulate them for all of your vehicles, regardless of mileage, and use them for any vehicle.

In the grand scheme of things, free service for 3 years is a pretty cheap way to add cash on the hood.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, fordmantpw said:

I've been dealing with FordPass since the middle of December to try to get my missed points applied, all the way back to August of 2019 (10k of those are bonus points for buying tires).  I think we're about to get there, though...sheesh!  I've got an oil change coming up on the Super Duty, so I'm hoping I've got enough for a free one!

What's great about the Ford points is that you can accumulate them for all of your vehicles, regardless of mileage, and use them for any vehicle.

In the grand scheme of things, free service for 3 years is a pretty cheap way to add cash on the hood.

Yeah, I just got a ton of points for service on the Flex that'll be used on either vehicle.

1 hour ago, rmc523 said:

Yeah, I just got a ton of points for service on the Flex that'll be used on either vehicle.

Curious, what'd you have done to the Flex?  We just put $1100 in ours: O2 sensor, new cooling fan assembly, right front hub assembly.  Hopefully that'll get us another 50k or so miles.  We had it done at a local mechanic though, not Ford.

18 hours ago, fordmantpw said:

Curious, what'd you have done to the Flex?  We just put $1100 in ours: O2 sensor, new cooling fan assembly, right front hub assembly.  Hopefully that'll get us another 50k or so miles.  We had it done at a local mechanic though, not Ford.

It was something for the brakes - don't remember exactly what part it was.  But it translated to a ton of points.  Honestly I probably could've held off.

I'm struggling with the thought of getting rid of it!  I love it, but the current thinking is both it and the Mustang will turn into a Bronco late this year/early next year (whenever they come out).  It's 11 years old and has nearly 150k miles.  It still looks brand new, but it's starting to have more and more things that need to be replaced, which adds up, so I think it's probably almost time I let it go :(

18 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

It was something for the brakes - don't remember exactly what part it was.  But it translated to a ton of points.  Honestly I probably could've held off.

I'm struggling with the thought of getting rid of it!  I love it, but the current thinking is both it and the Mustang will turn into a Bronco late this year/early next year (whenever they come out).  It's 11 years old and has nearly 150k miles.  It still looks brand new, but it's starting to have more and more things that need to be replaced, which adds up, so I think it's probably almost time I let it go :(

Yeah, we are kinda in the same boat.  Ours is 11 with 125k on it.  It's still in perfect shape, but it's getting to the age where little things start to show up, and then you just keep spending money on it.  I normally use it to take my kids to school now.  I've only got about 3.5 more years of that left (my youngest will be in high school then, and then it becomes my wife's job to get her there since she works closer to their high school), so I'm hoping the Flex holds out until then, and then we'll likely sell it to get something for my youngest to drive. It'll definitely be hard to let it go because we've had it longer than any other vehicle we've had.

12 minutes ago, fordmantpw said:

Yeah, we are kinda in the same boat.  Ours is 11 with 125k on it.  It's still in perfect shape, but it's getting to the age where little things start to show up, and then you just keep spending money on it.  I normally use it to take my kids to school now.  I've only got about 3.5 more years of that left (my youngest will be in high school then, and then it becomes my wife's job to get her there since she works closer to their high school), so I'm hoping the Flex holds out until then, and then we'll likely sell it to get something for my youngest to drive. It'll definitely be hard to let it go because we've had it longer than any other vehicle we've had.

Part of me wants to keep it forever and be that old guy with that "old" car haha.

Edited by rmc523

On 2/4/2020 at 2:44 PM, fordmantpw said:

$1100 - that's less than the sales tax on a new vehicle!

If you 'want' a new car just say so - but in today's world it is always cheaper to fix the old one, especially if you have taken great care of it, and have a local independent you can trust. 

Edited by Kev-Mo

5 hours ago, Kev-Mo said:

$1100 - that's less than the sales tax on a new vehicle!

If you 'want' a new car just say so - but in today's world it is always cheaper to fix the old one, especially if you have taken great care of it, and have a local independent you can trust. 

Oh, I agree.  I don't want a new car, but I'd sure prefer not to put more money into the one I have!  It's pretty painful to put $1100 into a car that's only worth about $7k.