• Custom Search

Sign in to follow this  
Gurgeh

Lincoln tops Germans in residual values

"To be mentioned in the same sentence as BMW says a lot," Michael Sprague, Lincoln's head of marketing, sales and service in North America, told Automotive News. "There's not one specific silver bullet to fix the residual values. It's something the company has been working toward for a really long time."

https://www.autonews.com/sales/lincoln-bests-bmw-audi-and-mercedes-benz-residuals?fbclid=IwAR0RD9PAGqF3iy8OrT1DCGjauI7JVdn1Pt1TGSGrnDEaHAdJumFhC4-8nFA

I like reading that. Was talking with my dad about this. He has a Mercedes. 

Many of the comments on youtube reviews on the Navigator have people saying things like these will all be seen in the "hood" in 10 years. Wow, odd comments. 

6 minutes ago, Black Label said:

Many of the comments on youtube reviews on the Navigator have people saying things like these will all be seen in the "hood" in 10 years. Wow, odd comments. 

it's hard enough for low income areas to afford brand new cars, let alone a $80,000+ Navigator. Gotta get them used. 

1 minute ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

it's hard enough for low income areas to afford brand new cars, let alone a $80,000+ Navigator. Gotta get them used. 

True enough. The point of the comments, which this article seems to dispute, is that they will hold no value whatsoever after a few years. 

Edited by Black Label

4 minutes ago, Black Label said:

True enough. The point of the comments, which this article seems to dispute, is that they will hold no value whatsoever after a few years. 

That's because people are ignorant to how depreciation works. 

1 minute ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Not really - it's because there is a large contingent of folks who hate Ford for some reason and take any opportunity to disparage them.

6 minutes ago, akirby said:

Not really - it's because there is a large contingent of folks who hate Ford for some reason and take any opportunity to disparage them.

I don't disagree with that, and I thought the same reading some of those comments. 

10 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

I honestly don't know about the 1st and 2nd gen Navigators and how well they held their values. Guessing towards the end of their runs, it wasn't great. 

14 minutes ago, akirby said:

That's because Ford is the past and Tesla is the future.