Wife & I drove a Hyundai Palisade yesterday

351cid

20 hours ago, CKNSLS said:

This is the argument that's always used-and no one on here has provided proof of this. 

Right, 'cause like the real number of Coronavirus cases in China, nobody really knows what goes on behind the scenes, especially in Asian countries.  It is obvious they can do more with less so it has to come from somewhere.

On 2/4/2020 at 10:20 AM, blwnsmoke said:

I bought my ST because I wanted a performance vehicle.  The ST has an insane amount of power and incredible cornering with a fantastic upgraded performance brake package.  Nothing compares to it unless you look at a DodgeDurango SRT and even with that said, it's a Dodge.

If it wasn't for the ST trim, we probably wouldn't have gone with an Explorer.  Also with a $60k sticker, we paid $52,200 for it.  With rebates and dealer discounts, I've seen people getting them for $50k with the same sticker now, even one quoted OTD with a $49,xxx price tag.

The ST for me is an incredible trim and I love just about everything about it overall.  So yeah.. that's what sold me from the get go on it.  

Do you feel that the quality of materials used are up to the usual Explorer standards? I was at my dealer today with my Sister. She's shopping for an Escape and I took the opportunity to check out the Explorers. Some of the switch gear and materials in general seemed a lot more plasticky than the 17 Explorer that I had.Of particular note, there was a dull spot on top of the dash on the drivers side in a rectangular shape about 2x4 inches. It was like there was some sort of sticker may have been there, but it didn't look like there was any residue and rubbing on the area didn't change anything. This was on both ST's that I sat in. One was a little worse than the other.

14 hours ago, MKX1960 said:

Do you feel that the quality of materials used are up to the usual Explorer standards? I was at my dealer today with my Sister. She's shopping for an Escape and I took the opportunity to check out the Explorers. Some of the switch gear and materials in general seemed a lot more plasticky than the 17 Explorer that I had.Of particular note, there was a dull spot on top of the dash on the drivers side in a rectangular shape about 2x4 inches. It was like there was some sort of sticker may have been there, but it didn't look like there was any residue and rubbing on the area didn't change anything. This was on both ST's that I sat in. One was a little worse than the other.

As an ST owner, I feel like the stalks on the column feel cheap and kind of flimsy, the buttons for the heated/cooled seats and steering wheel don’t have a positive clicking feel when you press them, and I feel the paddle shifters should have been aluminum like my Raptor.   As another pet peeve, I do not like the Order of the buttons on the steering wheel.  I think all the audio controls should be on one side like all of the other Fords I drive. I’m not sure why they did it this way.