2021 Cadillac Escalade Debuts

rmc523

5 hours ago, rmc523 said:

It'll be interesting to see what Lincoln does for the refresh.  I wonder if they touch the interior, or if they take the recent Ford MO of ignoring the interior and just doing a front end, and a minor taillight change. 

If it's a bigger change, I could see Lincoln flipping the taillights so that they're flat on top to better match Aviator and Corsair.

I dnt think they would leave the interior alone.  The new f150 coming later will have a 12+ in screen, so id expect lincoln to offer maybe a 15in screen in the nav as well as adding the air suspension and ventilated sec row seats that the aviator has. On the outside, i can see the nav adopting the tailights of the aviator/corsair and either new styled headlights similar in style to the aviator (the current headlights are closer to the continental style than the evolved aviator style) or more aggressive looking headlights.

3 minutes ago, Dlcorbett said:

I dnt think they would leave the interior alone.  The new f150 coming later will have a 12+ in screen, so id expect lincoln to offer maybe a 15in screen in the nav as well as adding the air suspension and ventilated sec row seats that the aviator has. On the outside, i can see the nav adopting the tailights of the aviator/corsair and either new styled headlights similar in style to the aviator (the current headlights are closer to the continental style than the evolved aviator style) or more aggressive looking headlights.

I saw people comment on Nav Youtube reviews about the lack of 2nd row ventilated seats when the reviewer mentioned it. I haven't done full research, but do any full size SUVs offer that in the second row?

I would never buy an SUV over another for that reason. 

Edited by Black Label

10 hours ago, rmc523 said:

It'll be interesting to see what Lincoln does for the refresh.  I wonder if they touch the interior, or if they take the recent Ford MO of ignoring the interior and just doing a front end, and a minor taillight change. 

If it's a bigger change, I could see Lincoln flipping the taillights so that they're flat on top to better match Aviator and Corsair.

I think it would be a major mistake not to update the interior.  People have higher expectations for the prices that are charged for new vehicles, and I think people need compelling reasons to upgrade to a new model.  

The new Escalade is better than the previous generation, with more interior space, but not enough to match the interior of the Navigator. The 2nd and 3rd row have more room in the Navigator than in the Escalade.  The dash, with that huge screen in the Escalade is better than in the Navigator, but we must understand that each new car on the market henceforth will have bigger screens, until we reach the point where all cars have the entire dashboard full of screens (continuous or in parts). I´m sure the next Lincolns will have bigger screens.

If you ask me, I choose the Lincoln...

7 hours ago, Willwll313wll said:

Enough about this escalade... what ownership updates do you have for us? ?

Haha, just rolled past 8,000 miles and I love this thing. I know some people had severe issues but mine has been pretty much problem free; I’ve had a couple of infotainment hiccups(CarPlay related) but other than that it’s been a peach. 

Edited by Bellanca
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Dlcorbett said:

Sync 4 will have a 15" option.

5 minutes ago, PREMiERdrum said:

It's interesting that they moved towards such understated exterior styling, as that has typically been the draw for an Escalade buyer over a Yukon Denali. 

Chevy is beat them to it with the "overstated" Tahoe/Suburban front end.

I guess understated, clean, and inoffensive  is the new look of luxury.

It is a nice look overall, but it seems familiar, like something from a few years back, but I  can't put my finger on it.

15 hours ago, tbone said:

I think it would be a major mistake not to update the interior.  People have higher expectations for the prices that are charged for new vehicles, and I think people need compelling reasons to upgrade to a new model.  

I agree.  They definitely need to keep it fresh.  Though nice as-is, they can't let Navi (and Expy) languish like they did for a decade.

• Like 3