NG Mustang 2023 Model?

31 minutes ago, spudz64 said:

The job post states "Ford and Lincoln quality..." hmmm....is this a leak of a Mustang based future Lincoln? Remember the UAW contract mentioned for Flat Rock "all new Mustang, including derivatives" Maybe a new Zephyr is coming after all??

I hope that's the case because Lincoln needs a beautiful car to make the brand aspirational..I believe the CUVs would sell even better with a A7 type car to put the brand in front of enthusiast. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, spudz64 said:

The job post states "Ford and Lincoln quality..." hmmm....is this a leak of a Mustang based future Lincoln? Remember the UAW contract mentioned for Flat Rock "all new Mustang, including derivatives" Maybe a new Zephyr is coming after all??

It probably refers to Flat Rock building both Mustang and Continental.

18 minutes ago, Trader 10 said:

Isn’t the electric SUV Rivian is building in 2 years supposedly going to be named Continental?

Probably but it’s not going to Flat Rock.

Ford is being deliberately general with its 

references to avoid divulging any changes 

that may be coming

S550 evolving int S650 is a no brainer once CD6 
was scaled back, it’s probably a lot lower cost to

Keep  going in that direction anyway.

Edited by jpd80

19 hours ago, akirby said:

It will use the same architecture.  In fact I believe CD6 used a lot of the current mustang platform to begin with.

I recall one review of the Aviator concept (and I appreciate the concept could differ mechanically from production) but it was stated the rear suspension looked almost identical to S550.

So, is S650 an evolution of S550, or is it moving to CD6? I guess those two things could actually be the same!

Either way, I'm just glad, in the current climate, we're still getting a new Mustang. It seems Camaro fans aren't so lucky, and even Dodge can't seem to make up its mind what will be next for the Challenger/Charger twins.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Justdatdude said:

The profile isn't beautiful or sexy. The car is nice and was way better than MKS but it was still a stubby hood FWD car. They NEED a RWD car to solidify their brand ethos in a lower volume halo car.

I think it’s gorgeous but then again that’s subjective.  And they don’t NEED a halo sedan.  The new Continental BEV will be the halo vehicle.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Twin Turbo said:

I recall one review of the Aviator concept (and I appreciate the concept could differ mechanically from production) but it was stated the rear suspension looked almost identical to S550.

So, is S650 an evolution of S550, or is it moving to CD6? I guess those two things could actually be the same!

Either way, I'm just glad, in the current climate, we're still getting a new Mustang. It seems Camaro fans aren't so lucky, and even Dodge can't seem to make up its mind what will be next for the Challenger/Charger twins.

Virtual link IRS was first used on CD4 based vehicles and adapted to Mustang

Explorer using Strut front end while Aviator uses SLAS is more clues to S550 link

but could equally be some D4 legacy.

GM fans will cling to rumours of new modular RWD architecture being all things to all people

To me GM tries too hard and does so much over delivery of performance but forgets or is that

ignores the basic day to day needs of Camaro buyers... they'll find a way to screw it up.

Edited by jpd80

18 minutes ago, jpd80 said:

Virtual link IRS was first used on CD4 based vehicles and adapted to Mustang

Explorer using Strut front end while Aviator uses SLAS is more clues to S550 link

but could equally be some D4 legacy.

GM fans will cling to rumours of new modular RWD architecture being all things to all people

To me GM tries too hard and does so much over delivery of performance but forgets or is that

ignores the basic day to day needs of Camaro buyers... they'll find a way to screw it up.

GM killed the camaro