Full year Profits Plunge $3.6B, Slower Sales/Pension

1 hour ago, snooter said:

Nobody forgets bad product....

Which one would that be?

In six months time when Explorer is selling it’s ass off,  your opinion is gonna look mighty shaky

And I see that two door bronco you thought was a unicorn is out and about 

Edited by jpd80

On 2/8/2020 at 10:05 AM, kyle said:

Absolutely!  How many have they sold? How's the quality? I can go on and on-these vehicles could be a great success (likely) or more fuck ups.  Point being no one can say how well they will do in the market with any certainty or for that matter not do. I just am not going to jump on the bandwagon that since Ford has all these upcoming product launches everything will be "great."  

Akirby summed it up well here:

On 2/8/2020 at 11:17 AM, akirby said:

Well 1 hasn’t even been shown, 1 isn’t on sale yet and 1 has been the best seller for over 40 years.  They are most likely the 3 vehicles a Ford is least likely to fuck up.

On 2/8/2020 at 11:17 AM, akirby said:

Well 1 hasn’t even been shown, 1 isn’t on sale yet and 1 has been the best seller for over 40 years.  They are most likely the 3 vehicles a Ford is least likely to fuck up.

That's good!   Well you are right but 1 year ago you would of had Explorer on the can't fuck up list so my point is there are no guarantees of future success. 

• Like 1

On 2/9/2020 at 1:05 AM, kyle said:

Absolutely!  How many have they sold? How's the quality? I can go on and on-these vehicles could be a great success (likely) or more fuck ups.  Point being no one can say how well they will do in the market with any certainty or for that matter not do. I just am not going to jump on the bandwagon that since Ford has all these upcoming product launches everything will be "great."  

The difference is that none of them are expected to be 20,000/month sellers from get go, the mechanicals in Bronco are mostly shared with Ranger and the other products based around C2, the Escape launched flawlessly by the way.....as did Transit, F250, Kuga in Europe, Territory in China.

While a bad launch can never be completely ruled out, all previous products that have suffered them have gone into be good sellers,

so it's not like bad launches are an indication of a  terminally flawed product.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jpd80 said:

The difference is that none of them are expected to be 20,000/month sellers from get go, the mechanicals in Bronco are mostly shared with Ranger and the other products based around C2, the Escape launched flawlessly by the way.....as did Transit, F250, Kuga in Europe, Territory in China.

While a bad launch can never be completely ruled out, all previous products that have suffered them have gone into be good sellers,

so it's not like bad launches are an indication of a  terminally flawed product.

Great point and I don't disagree either but the competitive vehicles are not letting up and Ford is struggling to maintain/grow market share so they have little room for mistakes.  Just look to a competitor to see how quickly things can change. Nissan a few years ago was moving along pretty well and now it seems like the company is in chaos and is turning into a major fleet manufacturer. 

16 minutes ago, kyle said:

Nissan a few years ago was moving along pretty well and now it seems like the company is in chaos and is turning into a major fleet manufacturer. 

Nissan was/is dumping Rogues and other products into rental fleets for the past couple years just to grow market share and make numbers. The Rogue was the best selling small CUV at one point in the past 24-36 months. 

I had one as a rental two weeks ago-it was ok outside of the crapastic CVT transmission. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, kyle said:

Nissan a few years ago was moving along pretty well and now it seems like the company is in chaos

Nissan made a dramatic turnaround for the better after the company established an alliance with Renault back in 1999. But many of the company's organizational and cultural issues were not resolved as the Nissan Revival Plan was implemented. In fact they got worse.

The reason Nissan is in chaos today is that its former CEO Carlos Ghosn decided to pursue sales growth without fixing those organizational issues first.

9 hours ago, rperez817 said:

Nissan made a dramatic turnaround for the better after the company established an alliance with Renault back in 1999. But many of the company's organizational and cultural issues were not resolved as the Nissan Revival Plan was implemented. In fact they got worse.

The reason Nissan is in chaos today is that its former CEO Carlos Ghosn decided to pursue sales growth without fixing those organizational issues first.

Or it could be that they've been without Ghosh for nearly two years and unable to make good decisions.

• Like 2