2021 Lincoln Aviator Production Information

ice-capades

2 hours ago, akirby said:

It was problematic when first introduced on the Edge and MKX.  I’m guessing they’re still seeing problems with it and just deleted it.

I thought that too, but it looks like it will be standard on the higher end 2021 F150s... starting with King Ranch.

8 hours ago, Wheeling said:

Probably not very useful and potentially problematic, better  without. 

The monochromatic option is quite attractive, if the price is right. The new convenience package is not attractive any more, the only thing worth to have in the package is HUD.

Ont eh element plus package,   the" Auto Air Refresh and Auto Heated/Ventilated Driver and Passengers Seats" was added with "Auto" don't know what that means. 

Auto air refresh will sample air quality and circulate air through a new two stage combi filter (with carbon layer) when required.  Auto heated/ventilated seats will activate them along with the auto HVAC settings, instead of having to turn them on/off manually every time.   You can still override them manually.

Edited by CoolScoop

1 hour ago, CoolScoop said:

Auto air refresh will sample air quality and circulate air through a new two stage filter when required.  Auto heated/ventilated seats will activate them along with the auto HVAC settings, instead of having to turn them on/off manually every time.   You can still overdue them manually.

That is very nice. 

On 7/30/2020 at 8:23 AM, akirby said:

That’s the lane keep assist - still there.  Adaptive steering changes the steering ratio.  Think of it as being able to shift gears on the steering wheel - 1st gear gives you faster and easier turns at slow speeds while 5th gear makes it more comfortable on the highway with less wheel movement.

It was problematic when first introduced on the Edge and MKX.  I’m guessing they’re still seeing problems with it and just deleted it.

Edited by mustangchief
oopsed

Per Friday's FDNB (Fleet Distribution News Bulletin), the updated scheduling and production timetable has been released for the 2021MY Lincoln Aviator.

• 04/03/2020 - 2020MY Fleet Final Order Due Date
  • 07/23/2020 - 2020MY Last Day to Spec Change
  • 09/23/2020 - 2020MY Balance Out Date
  •  
  • 07/13/2020 - 2021MY Order Bank Open Date
  • 08/13/2020 - 2021MY Scheduling Begins
  • 09/23/2020 - 2021MY Job #1 Date

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Went to the local Lincoln dealer over the weekend and there are quite a few Aviators, and a lot more Navigators. Drove a Preserve II without the Dynamic package,  very nice. The seat is not narrow at all, and very comfortable. Asked price for 2021 and the salesman said not ready to order yet, no price information. 

Does anyone know when can we actually order the 2021 model. It is almost October, has the production started yet? 

4 hours ago, Wheeling said:

Went to the local Lincoln dealer over the weekend and there are quite a few Aviators, and a lot more Navigators. Drove a Preserve II without the Dynamic package,  very nice. The seat is not narrow at all, and very comfortable. Asked price for 2021 and the salesman said not ready to order yet, no price information. 

Does anyone know when can we actually order the 2021 model. It is almost October, has the production started yet? 

See the production timetable above. 2021 Aviator production started 09/23/2020.

11 hours ago, Wheeling said:

I think the salesman is might be wrong. I have already ordered a 2021 Explorer and it is scheduled for production. They are built in the same factory, so I would think that they would be able to price out and order an Aviator. Maybe, he just wants to sell the one's that are on the lot first.

Edited by Family Cook

• 2 months later...

Ford has issued a safety recall for certain 2021 Lincoln Aviator models and 2021 Ford Explorer models:  https://www.freep.com/story/money/cars/ford/2020/12/22/ford-2021-e-series-explorer-aviator-recall-burn-power-loss/4004823001/

When will the assembly plant get their act together and stop the problems with production?

21 minutes ago, 1999 White C5 Coupe said:

Ford has issued a safety recall for certain 2021 Lincoln Aviator models and 2021 Ford Explorer models:  https://www.freep.com/story/money/cars/ford/2020/12/22/ford-2021-e-series-explorer-aviator-recall-burn-power-loss/4004823001/

When will the assembly plant get their act together and stop the problems with production?

Its 1400 vehicles built over a 3 day period in July.