2021 Explorer Production Information

Here is what shop.ford.com says about my 21 Explorer

Vehicle Details

Ordered On 9/16/2020
Built On 10/16/2020
Order Number R215
VIN 1FMSK7FH4MGA*****
Estimated Dealer Delivery 11/7/2020

My long time salesman said he can not tell if the Explorer is being shipped by train or truck or exactly how it will get from Chicago to here in SW Florida. Is he correct, and or is there any way to track its position now that it has left the factory?

Edited by First Light

20 minutes ago, First Light said:

Here is what shop.ford.com says about my 21 Explorer

Vehicle Details

Ordered On 9/16/2020
Built On 10/16/2020
Order Number R215
VIN 1FMSK7FH4MGA*****
Estimated Dealer Delivery 11/7/2020

My long time salesman said he can not tell if the Explorer is being shipped by train or truck or exactly how it will get from Chicago to here in SW Florida. Is he correct, and or is there any way to track its position now that it has left the factory?

For that distance it'll definitely go by rail. You can make a tracking request in the Ford Employee section but make sure that you read the rules!

OK thanks, will do that tomorrow as I have an early start tomorrow and am about to hit the rack. Also am curious where it may have gone to after it left the Chicago area and before it gets onto a car transporter as there is no rail head within 75 miles of my town in SW Florida. Probably Atlanta, Savannah, Orlando, or ???

9 hours ago, First Light said:

OK thanks, will do that tomorrow as I have an early start tomorrow and am about to hit the rack. Also am curious where it may have gone to after it left the Chicago area and before it gets onto a car transporter as there is no rail head within 75 miles of my town in SW Florida. Probably Atlanta, Savannah, Orlando, or ???

Your dealership has 24/7 access to the Ford "Vehicle Visibility" system which provides all tracking system updates on vehicle location, rail carrier, etc. They can also tell from experience the location of the final rail car destination and which car carrier firm will haul the vehicle to your dealership. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

2021MY Explorer - Retail Price Increases Effective 03/17/2021

• Increase Base Series Prices $225 MSRP
  • Increase XLT Series Prices $600 MSRP
  • Increase XLT Sport Appearance Package Price $200 MSRP
  • Increase Co-Pilot 360 Assist+ Price $100 MSRP

PRICE PROTECTION
2021 model units invoiced prior to March 17, 2021 will not be re-invoiced.
Automatic price protection will be provided on:
• Firm 2021-model fleet, retail, and demonstrator orders signed and dated on or before March 16, 2021, and received by Ford Motor Company on or before March 20, 2021.