Aviator Owners Manual Lacking Clarity and Detail

eylarson

Hey, I know it's a new model, but really and I cut and paste--
The USB ports may be in the following locations:
• Inside the media bin.
• Inside the center console.
• On the lower instrument panel.
Note: The number and type of USB ports may vary depending on your vehicle. Note:Not all USB ports in your vehicle have data transfer capabilities.

The "Changing A Road Wheel" section says nothing about how or the tool to remove the decorative hub cover. FYI-There's a tool mounted on the wing nut that secures the spare.
No doubt there are other shortfalls, Be interesting to collect them here.

The entire manual is like this.  I understand options make it difficult, but they know what the options are AND they sure know about which features are actually standard.  EVERY manual I’ve ever had before would at least provide accurate detail on the standard components and usually also cover the option fairly well.  I’m impressed with the Aviator, but I give the manual authors a definite “F”.

• 2 weeks later...

Called concierge for question.  He claimed only capable of answering Lincoln Way App questions, but did offer to try and help. 

I wanted to know how to display Trip 2 info.  Figured it out while he had me on hold.  It's in the Information Systems Sub menu you ge tto that by going to settings on the right toggle switch, then to Information then click OK to see which of the four options out of 8 or more you want to add. to the display.  

1 hour ago, ice-capades said:

I'm amazed that they still include print owner's manuals instead of putting it all on a DVD which could include video tutorials. If I remember correctly, Chrysler did away with the printed manuals years ago and went to DVD's although I don't know if they include any video content.

DVD's??  Welcome to 1996.  About as antiquated as print.

Just Youtube it!