2020 Nascar season

Alipsco1

1 hour ago, coupe3w said:

If Blaney had just stayed in line it would have been a Ford 1, 2 finish. I blame the wreck on Blaney.

Nah, there's no one to blame. It's not like Blaney turned left and hooked him. It was a bad push due to Newman doing what he had to do keep the lead. Not the first time it's happened and probably won't be the last. 

I blame these kind of wrecks on NASCAR's fascination with pack racing. And the reason for all that is the fan's desire to see Roman gladiator like carnage. Maybe it's finally time to either reconfigure Daytona and Talladega or do the roval thing at both of those tracks. Thank God Newman's car didn't go into the stands and thank God he is still with us.

8 hours ago, coupe3w said:

I know Newman was trying to block Blaney, but Blaney should have just let Newman go. He could have just followed him to the finish. There was no need to push at that point they were both clear of the 11 car.

He said during his post race interview he was trying to push him because he didn't think he would be able to make a move for the win and he would have rather pushed a Ford to the win. 

The other thing no one has mentioned is that Blaney was coming off a push from Hamlin when he got to Newman's bumper. IMO it looked like Blaney chose to at least attempt to get behind Newman rather than pass him which he probably could have done had he stayed in front of Hamlin. But it didn't look like anyone was in complete control of their car at that point.

Again, I'm just glad Newman's injuries are not as bad as they could have been. He walked out of the hospital yesterday with his two daughters.

On 2/20/2020 at 4:26 PM, fuzzymoomoo said:

As private of a guy as he is, I'll be surprised if we ever find out the extent of his injuries. 

RFR put out a statement from Newman and he confirmed that it was a head injury. That was my guess based on how long it took to get him out of the car. That last hit from LaJoie had to hurt. 

https://racer.com/2020/02/23/newman-recovering-from-head-injury-eager-for-return-says-rfr-boss-steve-newmark/

19 hours ago, blksn8k2 said:

RFR put out a statement from Newman and he confirmed that it was a head injury. That was my guess based on how long it took to get him out of the car. That last hit from LaJoie had to hurt. 

https://racer.com/2020/02/23/newman-recovering-from-head-injury-eager-for-return-says-rfr-boss-steve-newmark/

Good news....Ryan caught a fish yesteday!

http://tireball.com/nascar/2020/02/25/ryan-newman-shares-photo-therapy-fish/