Hey 600 - who's running for what?

600'sOldWatchDog

I ran the hell out of DTP first chance I got.Largest {making it the most "powerful"} local in all of  UAW/Ford.My anecdotal experience was that it was a 'Deal Shop' with my union reps distancing themselves from the situation as much as they could.Might as well have been working at a non-union shop. Be compliant.Take all the shit from supervision  in the world and dont give any back.Be lucky you have ANY job at all.Smile on payday.Well,after all,it is their company, but then, if the contract is not going to be equally enforced, if the bosses can pick favorites and grant special privileges,if the bosses can harass to no end any worker who dares to stand up to them  or they simply dont like and the "little lords" who they like,can do no wrong,then,why do I need a union?In a union shop all workers get the same deal.Let me tell you how that works in a union shop.I was friends with the UAW union reps at a small shop in Detroit.I was allowed to be close enough to watch the union in action out on the shop floor.The supervisor wanted to discipline an employee for obvious personal reasons,but technically, because this specific employee wore tennis shoes one day.Oh,about 3 union reps surrounded the supervisor and started hollering that this would not be allowed because and one of them took out a slip of paper,"On this date so and so wore tennis shoes and on this date so and so wore tennis shoes and you did nothing to them, so you aint doing nothing to this specific one person who wore tennis shoes just because you dont happen to like the person.I assume those union reps did not get anything special in their paychecks from the company for being so vocal and ethical.Another UAW aide,some loser named,Grimes ,was just convicted of bribery and also taking kick-backs.Its the ability to make deals that torpedos solidarity.Maybe the UAW will get taken over by the Feds.A major house cleaning of all the deals needs to be done.

Edited by Fatso