Batter issue?

ChillC

Just now, ChillC said:

?

Hi I'm looking to see if anyone else has same issue. I have 2019 f250 6.2 gas with fifth wheel prep and snow plow package bought October of 2018 with boss plow installed dealer had it installed which they have a boss dealer they use figure less finger pointing if they had it installed than me having it done.Any way plow worked fine last year btw only plow my own driveway which is quite large and my parents  driveway so not used heavily as of last weekend 2-11-20 when I lifted plow gauge cluster went dark heat shut down radio went off as if truck was shut of for just a couple seconds happend a few times today 2-14-20 got hom installed plow same thing not constant but happening at all is to much anyone else have this problem 

That's what the dealer said but it's not a warranty issue so they said I would have to pay for it which is not happening seeing it's a new truck with 14,000 miles and snow plow package it should be built for that purpose not only mechanically but electrically as well also talked to guy that owns company that installed plow said doesn't need two just a heavier one will be fine this happens on occasion with the new electrical systems being so finicky in new vehicles there very sensitive to the slightest voltage fluctuations 

The electronics aren't that finicky. Under 8.5ish volts, modules shut down. Been that way since EEC IV in the 80s. No alternator on the planet can stop transients dropping voltage, because it takes a bit of time for the alternator to react. It is also harder to make more when the voltage is low to begin with. To reduce transients it needs physical storage. In other words, It needs 2 batteries, and the OE one is probably failing. It is NOT a warrantable item, as per Ford.  

Things age. The battery, your plow, alternator, etc. It probably takes just a bit more amps to run than last year and your battery is a bit older. 

17 hours ago, ChillC said:

I didn't ask for your grammar advice thanks 

Well, forming a properly structured sentence is a good idea ....just like either getting your truck upgraded via TSB or getting a better battery. I suggest an Interstate Megatron MTP-65HD.

image.png.3de09d227dcf044bcb7f711096e01ff7.png

https://www.interstatebatteries.com/products/mtp-65hd?search=true