Considering buying some Ford Stock

$5.89 in pre-trading.

I really didn't think it could go much lower, but i've thought that 3 or 4 times already.  So at this point I'm going to assume it keeps going down as the virus hysteria increases and the oil war heats up.

Who knows where and when the market will bottom at this point.

3 hours ago, probowler said:

$5.89 in pre-trading.

I really didn't think it could go much lower, but i've thought that 3 or 4 times already.  So at this point I'm going to assume it keeps going down as the virus hysteria increases and the oil war heats up.

Who knows where and when the market will bottom at this point.

its going to be pure chaos for the next 60 days or so...

1 minute ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

I really don't want to see my 401k statement this quarter ?

Just ignore it. If you don't have time to really pay attention during the day, just ignore it. A guy I really trust pulled everything out of the market (rich guy that I work with). It's sitting in cash accounts and gold. That's it. I don't have the time to babysit such a thing but people do it and make money on it.

53 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

I think I finally talked my wife into jumping in, I just have to wait until pay day. 

Good for you, show her who wears the pants!  I've been buying a thou or 2 at a time as it's fallen over the last month, I'm just not convinced that $5.89- 6 bucks is the floor yet,,,,

HRG

49 minutes ago, HotRunrGuy said:

Good for you, show her who wears the pants!  I've been buying a thou or 2 at a time as it's fallen over the last month, I'm just not convinced that $5.89- 6 bucks is the floor yet,,,,

HRG

I just have to figure out how to do it now. Outside of the 401k from the company I have no idea how to buy stocks

13 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

I just have to figure out how to do it now. Outside of the 401k from the company I have no idea how to buy stocks

I didn't either.  I know Bank of America and Chase offer programs that you can open accounts with Merill (and whatever Chase uses) for free (well, x amount of free trades a month), and I just got it set up and got some stock last week.  Had I known it was going to drop more, I'd have waited, but oh well!  That's part of playing the game!

11 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Very small local credit union 

With the wifey, go online and look at both Chase Bank & Bank of America. Both offer self-investment accounts with next to no fee's.  You create an account, put some funds in it, then buy & sell as you see fit.  I use Chase, since it is tied to my other accounts.  Keep in mind, the local branch advisors will not be of much help, since they aren't getting a commission.

HRG

23 minutes ago, HotRunrGuy said:

With the wifey, go online and look at both Chase Bank & Bank of America. Both offer self-investment accounts with next to no fee's.  You create an account, put some funds in it, then buy & sell as you see fit.  I use Chase, since it is tied to my other accounts.  Keep in mind, the local branch advisors will not be of much help, since they aren't getting a commission.

HRG

That's what I did - a self directed one and put some money in and bought just Ford stock right now.  Though with everything down, maybe I ought to look into others before it comes back up.

If you have a Vanguard mutual fund you can set up a brokerage account there online by transferring money into a brokerage money market "sweep account" and then purchasing stock out of it with zero brokerage fees. The process is easy but not immediately intuitive. You can call Vanguard and they can walk you through it. 

I use TD Ameritrade and really like it, you create an account then link to your bank for ACH transfers.  Takes around a week to verify your bank account and your first transfer goes through, but after that you can trade almost immediately after making transfers. Free trades now too.

But if you only interested in ford and maybe a few other stocks and your current bank lets you buy stocks, that could be a nice way to go for some.

47 minutes ago, Gurgeh said:

If you have a Vanguard mutual fund you can set up a brokerage account there online by transferring money into a brokerage money market "sweep account" and then purchasing stock out of it with zero brokerage fees. The process is easy but not immediately intuitive. You can call Vanguard and they can walk you through it. 

Interesting, she has a vanguard account for an old retirement account before she quit working.