Considering buying some Ford Stock

Personally, I would not be buying shares in any company until we see this virus slow or begin receding not just in the US, but globally.  Don't try to catch a falling knife.  This could all fall a lot farther and harder than it has so far.  I hope I'm wrong, but it feels like early September 2008 right now.

Edited by mustang84isu

https://www.fool.com/investing/2020/03/15/should-you-buy-ford-motor-company-stock-now.aspx

The case for buying Ford stock

• Strong balance sheet.
  • New products on the way
  • China is turning around.
  • Future-tech investments will start paying off

The case for buying Ford stock right now

• It's cheap.
  • It pays a great dividend.

The case against Ford stock right now

• Recession risk
  • Management risk

Should you buy Ford stock now?

• I think you could certainly do worse than to buy Ford stock right now, but I also think that you might do better if you wait. If the coronavirus outbreak pushes the U.S. economy into recession, as seems likely, you will almost certainly have the opportunity to buy it at a better price in a month or two. 
  • That said, I own Ford stock and have no plans to sell. If you already own Ford stock, I suggest hanging on to it. If you sit tight and reinvest that fat dividend through whatever economic storms lie ahead, you'll probably be pretty happy with the results when auto sales (and auto stocks) start to recover.

On 3/15/2020 at 4:21 PM, Gurgeh said:

• That said, I own Ford stock and have no plans to sell. If you already own Ford stock, I suggest hanging on to it. If you sit tight and reinvest that fat dividend through whatever economic storms lie ahead, you'll probably be pretty happy with the results when auto sales (and auto stocks) start to recover.

Remember that dividends are not guaranteed but can be reduced or eliminated at any time. I’m not suggesting that Ford will do so, but it is often used by companies to conserve cash in hard times. 

3 hours ago, probowler said:

The market in general or just the trading floor?  I've heard they were considering closing the floor as part of the social distancing efforts

There has been talk of 2 week shut down but rumor mill is on fire....beer virus last for 2 weeks....48 hour nasal swab is the test.....trucker friend said they are down 50% load volumn...stay frosty and enjoy your cheetos...

Smart... get through this crisis as healthy as possible and position the company for a strong rebound. I also like their choice of words, a "Suspension". Sounds nicer than "Cut" and so hopefully it will be reinstated when feasible.  Stock price should take a healthy hit, so eventually it could be hella cheap.