Considering buying some Ford Stock

5 hours ago, fordmantpw said:

I fully expect the dividend to come back soon.  If earnings are well enough, maybe even a special as they've done in the past.  

There will be no dividend until Covid is under control, and that won't happen until at least sometime next year or even later. In the meantime, expect more shutdowns because of excessive absenteeism as winter kicks in. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, fordmantpw said:

I fully expect the dividend to come back soon.  If earnings are well enough, maybe even a special as they've done in the past.  

Just a guess on my part, but I don't see Ford resuming its dividend until they are profitable for several quarters.  Maybe early 2022?  Again, just s guess.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Covid shutdown hit happened mostly during the second quarter. There was only like 2 weeks left in the first quarter when it started. 

But they suspended the dividend in the 1st quarter, mid-March.  19.2 billion in revenue in Q2, ended Q2 with 39 billion in cash, after re-paying 7.7 billion toward credit lines.

HRG

1 minute ago, HotRunrGuy said:

But they suspended the dividend in the 1st quarter, mid-March.  19.2 billion in revenue in Q2, ended Q2 with 39 billion in cash, after re-paying 7.7 billion toward credit lines.

HRG

They were planning for the worst, therefore the suspension of the dividend.  The exact date doesn't really matter...they could see what was coming and decided to be proactive.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, fordmantpw said:

They were planning for the worst, therefore the suspension of the dividend.  The exact date doesn't really matter...they could see what was coming and decided to be proactive.

Which is smart. No future dividends or stock value if the company goes out of business.

Edited by probowler
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, HotRunrGuy said:

HRG

They announced the dividend was suspended the following day after manufacturing was shut down, and that was March 18th if I'm not mistaken. 

Perhaps saying zero income was hyperbole on my part since not every state had new car sales completely shut down and people were still paying on existing loans/leases if they could. 

• 5 weeks later...

I was pretty negative toward Ford earlier this year, but ever since Jim Hackett was replaced with Jim Farley feels like the ship is finally turning around.  I haven't added to my existing position, but the last couple weeks I have thought about picking up another couple hundred shares to bring the cost basis down a little.  However, with an RSI at 75 right now Ford shares are a little rich and I'm waiting for another pullback.  Seems to be a lot of support around the $8.75 level, which might be a better entry point.

Don't forget Covid guys. Covid is running rampant in Chrysler's Sterling Height plant and workers want it shut down, claiming management is hiding the problem. After the holidays, Covid is only going to get worse. Look for plants to shut down. Only takes a couple supplier plants. I'm out of the stock market until Covid is under control.

• 2 months later...

Worth revisiting this old topic with so much recent movement in F, in which a Morgan Stanley analysts statement that the new Ford/Google partnership could end up doubling Ford's market capitalization. 

"Morgan Stanley analysts led by Adam Jonas said this alliance has the potential to double Ford's market capitalization to nearly  $100 billion, or $25 per share before discounting. In a note to clients, Jonas applied a 20x EV/EBITDA multiple to the Dearborn, Michigan-based company.

"To date, Ford has around 75 million vehicles on the road across the world. According to Jonas, if each vehicle could just generate $10 a month of data subscriptions, this would create around $9 billion in recurring revenue. He also calculated a $5 billion yearly profit by applying a 55% EBITDA margin.

"Morgan Stanley recently downgraded Ford to Underweight, reiterating its $9 price target. However, the investment bank believes the company's partnership with Google "is a step in the right direction" and will help achieve its $18 bull case."

https://markets.businessinsider.com/news/stocks/ford-stock-price-could-surge-on-data-subscriptions-morgan-stanley-2021-2-1030038296

1 hour ago, rmc523 said:

Flip a coin lol.

Seems like half the time there's a good report and it goes down, and then there's a bad report and it goes up.

Earnings tonite at 5 PM. Watch F drop 10% + in after market trading. Clorox just reported blow out earnings this morning and stock tanked. IBM the other day beat earnings and the stock tanked big time because of reduced revenue. Intel last week reported blow out earnings and revenue and stock tanked because new CEO wants to keep most production onshore. No pleasing investors. The pattern seems to be spiking prices leading up to earnings report, and then crushing drop only to be repeated over the next 3 months. Something tells me the Hedge Finds distort this market to their advantage. No wonder Reddit is taking them on.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, FordBuyer said:

Earnings tonite at 5 PM. Watch F drop 10% + in after market trading. Clorox just reported blow out earnings this morning and stock tanked. IBM the other day beat earnings and the stock tanked big time because of reduced revenue. Intel last week reported blow out earnings and revenue and stock tanked because new CEO wants to keep most production onshore. No pleasing investors. The pattern seems to be spiking prices leading up to earnings report, and then crushing drop only to be repeated over the next 3 months. Something tells me the Hedge Finds distort this market to their advantage. No wonder Reddit is taking them on.

Like I said, flip a coin really.

• Like 3