Considering buying some Ford Stock

On 2/10/2021 at 11:40 AM, rmc523 said:

I don't want to see some fancy powerpoint showing far off products that may never appear.  Skip that garbage and show actual product as it's ready.

How about showing the Maverick or at least giving a reveal date. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Gurgeh said:

"Under Farley, he added, Ford seems to be accelerating its shift to electric vehicles. That includes a new Mustang Mach-E electric crossover, part of 'one of the strongest lineups in decades,' Langan said.

Analysts crack me up. Farley has been CEO for less than 6 months. Everything we are seeing today was started under Hackett. 

• Like 2

On 4/6/2021 at 7:25 PM, fuzzymoomoo said:

Analysts crack me up. Farley has been CEO for less than 6 months. Everything we are seeing today was started under Hackett. 

Just shows you how stupid investing reporters are and how it’s all about what is going on right now and not in the future 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, silvrsvt said:

Just shows you how stupid investing reporters are and how it’s all about what is going on right now and not in the future 

It doesn't take much for an investor to know better than the the investing reporters. Even without the automotive press, there's enough coverage by the mainstream media to be aware of what's going on with the industry and Ford in particular. 

3 hours ago, ice-capades said:

It doesn't take much for an investor to know better than the the investing reporters. Even without the automotive press, there's enough coverage by the mainstream media to be aware of what's going on with the industry and Ford in particular. 

Even mainstream media is fawning over Farley as if he's some kind of savior. They’re giving him all the credit for everything coming out now that was started under Hackett. Don't get me wrong, Farley has impressed me so far and he's saying the right things. Let's give it until this time next year before we start heaping universal praise on the guy. Let his initiatives start coming to fruition. 

• Like 7

I think the biggest impact Farley can have is on improving quality because that has to come from the top.   He has to make quality more important than getting new products out the door sooner and cheaper and it has to impact compensation of executives and everyone down the line.  Which is tricky because bad decisions made today may not show up for 2-3 years or longer.  One way to do that is with performance stock shares that only vest if certain performance criteria are met.  e.g. You get 5000 shares today that are set to vest in 3 years but only if the defect rate and/or warranty costs of vehicles and features launched this year is below a preset threshold.   The Explorer/Aviator launch and continuing problems would have wiped that out in year 1.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Don't get me wrong, Farley has impressed me so far and he's saying the right things. Let's give it until this time next year before we start heaping universal praise on the guy. Let his initiatives start coming to fruition. 

Good suggestion fuzzymoomoo sir. One thing that Farley can be praised for right away is his commitment to continue and complete the "fitness" initiatives that Hackett started.

The transition from Hackett's retirement to Farley's new role has been very smooth by Ford standards.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rperez817 said:

Good suggestion fuzzymoomoo sir. One thing that Farley can be praised for right away is his commitment to continue and complete the "fitness" initiatives that Hackett started.

The transition from Hackett's retirement to Farley's new role has been very smooth by Ford standards.

He's also able to explain Ford's strategy going ahead better than Hackett, which isn't too hard to do.

IMHO, it will be several years before Ford starts paying a dividend or even makes it back above $10/share.

They are spending HUGE amounts of money on renovating the Michigan Depot train station. which will not be complete for another 3-5 years.  They finished tearing down the largest building in the Research and Engineering center.  Probably 2 or 3 years before it will be replaced.  More renovations are planned.  They have not even really talked about renovating WHQ !

22 hours ago, rperez817 said:

The backlash from high level retired engineering management on Hackett's appointment was stunning !

Some of these people "do lunch" with the current executives a couple of times a year.  They were pretty unanimous about Hackett being a poor choice, especially after he came out as strong supported of Tony Seba and his Clean Disruption - Energy & Transportation (he seems to have faded into the woodwork ).  Remember, this is the guy who was predicting the end of all internal combustion engines world wide onetime around 2030 !

Production cuts due to the microchip shortage aside, it might not be that long until you see $15/share. The Bronco Sport is ramping up and doing well, the Mach-E for Dealer stock orders is shipping in volume now, the Michigan Assembly Plant (MAP) is already producing Dealer Stock orders of the all-new Bronco ahead of the Job #1 Date and the all-new F-150 is selling at a fast rate and at higher prices due to the low available inventory. 

• Like 2

Got my Ford annual report in the mail today. First time in memory that Ford didn't insert color photos of its new vehicles worldwide. Just an accounting report in black and white. Used to look forward to the annual report and all the new vehicles. Ford really playing it close to the vest and not revealing much anymore. Although with the Bronco they showed over a year  before production and with the Maverick no reveal mere a few months before production.

19 hours ago, ice-capades said:

Production cuts due to the microchip shortage aside, it might not be that long until you see $15/share. The Bronco Sport is ramping up and doing well, the Mach-E for Dealer stock orders is shipping in volume now, the Michigan Assembly Plant (MAP) is already producing Dealer Stock orders of the all-new Bronco ahead of the Job #1 Date and the all-new F-150 is selling at a fast rate and at higher prices due to the low available inventory. 

While Ford stock has been down the last few days, analysts have of late been turning bullish on the stock. Wells Fargo just recently initiated coverage of F at an "overweight" rating with a price target of $15. See: https://pulse2.com/ford-stock-price-nyse-f-15-target-by-wells-fargo/amp/

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
47 minutes ago, Anthony said:

Sticking with my measly shares has paid off quite nicely so far!  113% / $1.1k gain off of only 148 shares. 

I wanna see you guys who got in a $3 or $4!

1649701759_ScreenShot2021-06-30at4_36_31PM.thumb.png.1e4a773ada879a9b9069009460135311.png

I bought mine around 6, but could've gotten more at 3/4 and didn't.  Coulda shoulda woulda on a lot of those, not just Ford.

I'm finally breaking even with mine-but I bought back in 2013 and have been buying more stock with the dividends I was getting with it, so that screws up the reporting on it. 

But I do have to say I do wish I bought more than 10 shares of Amazon back in 2013....it was only $255 back then, now its $3400 a share LOL

20 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

I'm finally breaking even with mine-but I bought back in 2013 and have been buying more stock with the dividends I was getting with it, so that screws up the reporting on it. 

But I do have to say I do wish I bought more than 10 shares of Amazon back in 2013....it was only $255 back then, now its $3400 a share LOL

Yeah no kidding.

On 4/12/2021 at 11:39 AM, fuzzymoomoo said:

Even mainstream media is fawning over Farley as if he's some kind of savior. They’re giving him all the credit for everything coming out now that was started under Hackett. Don't get me wrong, Farley has impressed me so far and he's saying the right things. Let's give it until this time next year before we start heaping universal praise on the guy. Let his initiatives start coming to fruition. 

I would hazard guess that Farley had lots of influence over new product when Hackett was in charge. After all, Farley was the one to make sure the Fiesta Hatchback was offered here. So he had influence even 10 years ago. Any new products were probably run by him. Hackett may have had the final word, but the creativity, ideas, and influence came from many talented people who never seem to get the credit. Still remember Iaccoca getting all the credit for the Mustang later Minivan. 

On 6/30/2021 at 4:34 PM, Anthony said:

Sticking with my measly shares has paid off quite nicely so far!  113% / $1.1k gain off of only 148 shares. 

I wanna see you guys who got in a $3 or $4!

1649701759_ScreenShot2021-06-30at4_36_31PM.thumb.png.1e4a773ada879a9b9069009460135311.png

Have 110 shares at 5.74 average price paid. Not a bad return so far. Bought mostly for X plan and hoping the dividend comes back. Much better returns on other stocks and crypto, but... not bad.

• Like 1