Considering buying some Ford Stock

54 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

So forgive my ignorance, but you buy Ford stock and then they just start sending you a dividend check?

The dividend gets paid on a quarterly basis. How you receive it depends on what you have set up with your brokerage. I use Vanguard and have it set up so my dividends automatically go into more F stock, which helps to dollar cost average your stock, increases your stock holdings over time, and keeps growing your dividend.

Alternatively, you can have your dividend go into the "sweep account" (basically just a money market account) associated with your stock holdings. That's cash that you can use for any purpose. 

Edited by Gurgeh

The market drop slowed Friday afternoon, whether things improve or crash again depends on the Corona virus hype and if infections increase dramatically. China appears to have seen the worst of it now. It'll be interesting to see how the market responds to eventual product shortages and lowered earnings. 

I got a decent number of stocks today including more ford, ill also try to get more Monday depending on how the news looks. 

4 hours ago, rmc523 said:

It's at $6.48 now.

Yeah, I saw the dividend yield jumped over 9%. I now wish I had waited longer since my last purchase mid-February, but went ahead and bought some more (at $6.47). But that's it for a while.

Glad I didn't buy at $7.50.  I'm buying opening on Monday if it opens at $6.50

For those that aren't employees, $650 buys you 100 shares which gets you X-plan and a nice dividend (plus, if it goes up...which it eventually will...you make money)

Edited by Anthony

5 hours ago, Anthony said:

Glad I didn't buy at $7.50.  I'm buying opening on Monday if it opens at $6.50

For those that aren't employees, $650 buys you 100 shares which gets you X-plan and a nice dividend (plus, if it goes up...which it eventually will...you make money)

9.24% Dividend yield at the current price :thumbsup:

• Like 2

On 3/6/2020 at 6:39 PM, fuzzymoomoo said:

The boss says no for me because she "doesn't want to put all of our eggs in one basket"

kinda irritates me since she's the one with the accounting degree ?

Well, she is right.  Not good to be that invested in the stock of the company you work for.  If the company goes under (which I don't see happening with Ford), then not only are you out of a job, you're also out of your investments.  

1 hour ago, fordmantpw said:

Well, she is right.  Not good to be that invested in the stock of the company you work for.  If the company goes under (which I don't see happening with Ford), then not only are you out of a job, you're also out of your investments.  

It's not like I want to put our life's savings in

just $500 or so, enough that if something crazy were to happen it wouldn't be catastrophic. 

• Like 1