2022 Expedition

2022 Expedition  

13 members have voted

1. 1. What are the changes going to be?

• Mid Cycle Enhancement
    • Full Model Change
    • Nothing in 2022

Does anyone wager if it will be a redesign like the '21 F150 or just regular midlife change like the 2015 model that added EB engines? Just curious, since after new F150, maybe everything changes up, but same frame?

I vote midlife change, because a lot of stuff supports that theory. Same for Navigator I guess.

Edited by JX1

Technically it’s an MCA, but it’s significant for both Expedition and Navigator. I mean the 2021 F-150 is a new generation but it’s not an all new truck with the general  footprint and cabs all carrying over. One could say the changes the Expedition and Navigator get are exactly on par with the F-150s changes.

Both get new sheetmetal from windshield forward plus, new headlights, grilles and bumpers, plus new rear sheet metal on hatch with new taillights. Inside both get new dashboards and new door panels in front row. Yes the new F-150 dashboard will be shared with the 2022 Expedition. There will be powertrain updates as well but don’t know specifics.

It’s honestly nice to see the Expedition and Navigator stay fresh right along with the F-150. No more languishing for these beasts seeing as they make so much money.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

Get ready for the larger touch screens as the battle for the largest screen heats up!

Hmnn...I'm waiting for the first lawsuit that makes a huge award based on defendant was distracted by screen....recognizing that argument for bigger screen is less attention needed because of scale.  As always, only winners will be the legal profession.

• Haha 1

Always love a fictitious fact pattern supporting a gratuitous broad brush conclusion!  I blame the libs!  Anyway larger screens are nice - if they have well laid out split screens or perhaps multiple screens which is basically what is happening with electronic gauges and infotainment screens. 

On ‎2‎/‎16‎/‎2020 at 7:57 AM, Bob Rosadini said:

Hmnn...I'm waiting for the first lawsuit that makes a huge award based on defendant was distracted by screen....recognizing that argument for bigger screen is less attention needed because of scale.  As always, only winners will be the legal profession.

hows Tesla faring down that road?...

27 minutes ago, Deanh said:

hows Tesla faring down that road?...

Consumer Reports dinged Ford for their MFT 8" screens lacking physical buttons for some things - major safety issue.   Then they give Tesla Model S a higher than perfect score and they have no hard buttons at all.   But they're not hypocritical....

• Like 7

32 minutes ago, akirby said:

Consumer Reports dinged Ford for their MFT 8" screens lacking physical buttons for some things - major safety issue.   Then they give Tesla Model S a higher than perfect score and they have no hard buttons at all.   But they're not hypocritical....

oh yes...the wonderful Consumer Reports....hmmph! ...just wondering if distracted driving is a chargeable, sue-able offence ( barring cell phones of course ) because Ive been  on the bike behind weaving Teslas ...and that wonderful big screen has a lot to answer for...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Flying68 said:

PHEV behind the current 3.5L tuned to 450 HP / 500 ft lbs with a combined 550 HP / 715 ft lbs.  Navigator can get a bigger boost to say 500/550 on the ICE alone.  I might be inclined to trade mine in for this combination.

Mmmmm, Expedition  ST 

Edited by jpd80

On 2/16/2020 at 10:48 AM, tbone said:

I hope they find a way to differentiate that Expedition dash from the F150 in the next iteration.  I don’t mind if the hard points remain the same, but it needs to have better and different trim pieces where possible. 

There doesn't have to be a different dash, but they definitely need to push material quality/types higher on the upper trims.

• Like 5

On 2/17/2020 at 2:59 PM, akirby said:

So, I wonder what they're going to give the Porsche Taycan. According to a review I just watched, you'll even have to use the touchscreen to adjust the A/C vents...