Uncovered: 2021 F-150 Front and Rear Design! Now with more Hybrid

3 hours ago, rmc523 said:

Well, this is likely a Platinum model (it's used the chrome/silver combo), so obviously other trims will have different grilles with and without chrome.

You think? A higher trim level truck should have towing mirrors.  Those mirrors are definitely not towing mirrors.

As mentioned before, I think the camo is throwing things off a bit, but at the moment, I’m not sure what to think about the headlight module. It does not look integrated  to me, and kind of looks like an afterthought.  This is very much an evolutionary model, which frankly disappoints me a bit. However, the outgoing product was a very good base to start from.  At this point I’m hoping the interior is what will really set this truck apart, along with refinement of the drivetrain.  I am looking forward to seeing the final product though. 

24 minutes ago, tbone said:

As mentioned before, I think the camo is throwing things off a bit, but at the moment, I’m not sure what to think about the headlight module. It does not look integrated  to me, and kind of looks like an afterthought.  This is very much an evolutionary model, which frankly disappoints me a bit. However, the outgoing product was a very good base to start from.  At this point I’m hoping the interior is what will really set this truck apart, along with refinement of the drivetrain.  I am looking forward to seeing the final product though. 

It's amazing what a refresh can do

Early third-gen camaros were UGLY....  But by 1988 when they started putting the ground effects on them, it made a world of difference without even changing sheet metal.  In general, cars usually tend to get better after initial launch, when they've had time to refine the body.  My question is, why manufacturers can't make them attractive to begin with lol

Isn't it VERY unusual for a prototype to drop quite so much camo? I mean, details like the head and tail lamps are usually the last thing to be revealed.......in fact, they are usually only seen at the final unveiling.

It's not as if the camo has fallen off.......so Ford clearly want this seen. Just seems odd.

58 minutes ago, Twin Turbo said:

Isn't it VERY unusual for a prototype to drop quite so much camo? I mean, details like the head and tail lamps are usually the last thing to be revealed.......in fact, they are usually only seen at the final unveiling.

It's not as if the camo has fallen off.......so Ford clearly want this seen. Just seems odd.

Not really. If you look back at recent history, the same thing happened with the new Escape and Explorer. They both shed the vinyl wrap/padding heavy camo for the sticker camo shortly before the official reveal. There is precedent for this. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Not really. If you look back at recent history, the same thing happened with the new Escape and Explorer. They both shed the vinyl wrap/padding heavy camo for the sticker camo shortly before the official reveal. There is precedent for this. 

Heck, the first Bronco thing they showed was the entire headlight LOL

18 hours ago, rmc523 said:

Yeah, I get what you're saying.  There is something odd looking about it, but I think once we see it all together, it'll look good.

It's also as I suspected - an '09-level "all new" in that it kept the same cab/door skins and changed the other panels.

I agree with you. In 09 I bought a leftover 08 F150, mostly because the deal was so good, but also because it took me a bit to warm up to the 09 body style. But I’m sure it will make a difference seeing the complete package.  

7 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

You are absolutely correct, having done a little searching I realise I was off base..... its not something I'd realised before  (I blame my Mustang blinkers......that's all I really pay attention to!). Does still seem a little odd though, to reveal pretty much your entire hand before the "big reveal".

Back to the F150 though, I'm liking these changes. Not earth shattering, but certainly good looking changes.

15 hours ago, blwnsmoke said:

You think? A higher trim level truck should have towing mirrors.  Those mirrors are definitely not towing mirrors.

Why?  Because?  Higher trim =/= towing mirrors.  Towing mirrors are optional on the F-150 on certain trims, and most do not have them.

8 hours ago, Twin Turbo said:

That's why I think we'll see it debut sooner than later.

31 minutes ago, 17F150RR said:

I like the new front end. It will be interesting to see if the embossed F-150 lettering stays on the tailgate. Looks like it maybe gone. 

Now I want to see the interior! 

Platinum models now don't have the embossed F-150 logo, only lower trims do, so it's not that odd that it's not visible here.

1 hour ago, 92merc said:

Would be cool to see Ford light up the blue oval and do the same LED light up sequence they do on Lincoln Aviator and Corsair.  The gradual fade in of the DRL's.  On the high end models anyway...

Oh dear god please no. That is one of the tackiest things anyone has ever put on a car.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, 17F150RR said:

I like what I am seeing!!!   However, the knob under the air vent on the left side of the screen looks way out of place. Same on the right side with whatever that square is. 

The left one looks like the trailer backup knob.    I agree the square thing there looks out of place.