Uncovered: 2021 F-150 Front and Rear Design! Now with more Hybrid

20 hours ago, blwnsmoke said:

You think? A higher trim level truck should have towing mirrors.  Those mirrors are definitely not towing mirrors.

Towing mirrors are not standard on any F150.  They are optional on XL, XLT, Lariat, King Ranch and Platinum.  Not available on Limited and Raptor.

I think everything looks fine, and like everyone has been saying, it’s an evolutionary design. Looks like that applies to the interior too. I was hoping for something more different on both the exterior and interior. There is nothing here that would make me buy this over a heavily discounted 2020 f150. It’s cool to play it safe every once in a while, but in my opinion, being evolutionary for too long is how the competitors sneak up on you.

granted this is all based off of photos with most of the camo still on so I could change my mind when I see it with no camo.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, T-dubz said:

I think everything looks fine, and like everyone has been saying, it’s an evolutionary design. Looks like that applies to the interior too. I was hoping for something more different on both the exterior and interior. There is nothing here that would make me buy this over a heavily discounted 2020 f150. It’s cool to play it safe every once in a while, but in my opinion, being evolutionary for too long is how the competitors sneak up on you.

granted this is all based off of photos with most of the camo still on so I could change my mind when I see it with no camo.

The interior is completely new, so I'm not sure what more change you were expecting there?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, T-dubz said:

Totally agree.  Same cab, likely the outer door skins and bed sides remain the same as the outgoing model.  This feels more like a refresh rather than all new.  Interior design is just ok in my opinion, but I’m sure the new technology and features will be impressive.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, T hawker said:

Sure hope the use of soft touch and leather materials are widely used on at least XLT and above.  Definitely an improvement over past interiors.

leathers always been reserved for the Lariats and up....don't see any reason for that to change..

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, snooter said:

Leather needs to be option on xlt across all truck lines as well as bucket seat/center console option on xl

nope...that's the difference between a Lariat and an XLT...why make them basically the same....want leather in an XLT theres always aftermarket...and its still cheaper than going for the Lariat...

Edited by Deanh
  • Like 2

Been looking at it for a few days, starting to like it more and more.  Like the shape of the grille, reminiscent of a '72 Torino and various Ford trucks of the 70's. 

Ford the record, I never liked the '11-'16 Super Duty grille, way too big and blocky.  The black plastic grille on the XL's is particularly hideous.  

3 hours ago, rmc523 said:

The interior is completely new, so I'm not sure what more change you were expecting there?

It’s completely new, but to me, it looks like it’s basically the same design and layout, just warmed over a bit with a larger screen. Something you’d expect from a refresh, not a complete redesign.2019-Ford-F-150-Limited-New-Style-and-LuFordF-150.int01.KGP_.jpg

The new screen appears to be maybe 12x10” or 12x12”. That’s a big difference from the 8”. I wonder how they plan on filling that space with the 8” or even worse, the 4” screen?

• Like 1

@T-dubz -now that you posted the photo comparison, the current dash/stack looks more cohesive, although I do like the large display featured in this particular 2021 truck.  You have me wondering if the 12” display becomes standard, otherwise, I can’t imagine what fills the space if Ford decides to use a 8” or 4” display in lower trims.  I’m fairly certain the materials used will have a more premium feel based on what the competitors are doing.   

Edited by 02MustangGT
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, 02MustangGT said:

@T-dubz -now that you posted the photo comparison, the current dash/stack looks more cohesive, although I do like the large display featured in this particular 2021 truck.  You have me wondering if the 12” display becomes standard, otherwise, I can’t imagine what fills the space if Ford decides to use a 8” or 4” display in lower trims.  I’m fairly certain the materials used will have a more premium feel based on what the competitors are doing.   

Pretty sure that will be the new 15 inch display that has been said to be going into the F150 and others as they get updated.  I also thought that the 4 inch display was finally getting phased out (at least I hope it gets phased out!!)  Looks so cheap now!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, danglin said:

Pretty sure that will be the new 15 inch display that has been said to be going into the F150 and others as they get updated.  I also thought that the 4 inch display was finally getting phased out (at least I hope it gets phased out!!)  Looks so cheap now!

Could be a 15” display in the photos.  Not sure...but I was expecting something like the Mach-E 15” display with integrated knob.  Instead we get something that looks less premium probably because the design needs to incorporate some type of 8” display in lower trims.  

20 minutes ago, jpd80 said:

Conquest sales?

900k of combined F Series sales last year not enough for you?

Sure, 900k sales is great, however this is a growing segment.  F-Series sales were down in 2019 vs 2018.  GM trucks outsold F-Series in the 3rd quarter in 2019.  Sign of things to come?   Doubtful, but don’t act like conquest sales don’t matter, especially in a GROWING segment.  

28 minutes ago, 02MustangGT said:

Sure, 900k sales is great, however this is a growing segment.  F-Series sales were down in 2019 vs 2018.  GM trucks outsold F-Series in the 3rd quarter in 2019.  Sign of things to come?   Doubtful, but don’t act like conquest sales don’t matter, especially in a GROWING segment.  

Or was that due to Super Duty changeover last year?

Ford is actually limited on the amount of F Series it can produce but in a good way, it forces them to focus on crew and super cab trucks. 

In terms of Conquest sales I think GM has more to fear from Ram than Ford, don’t you?

Edited by jpd80
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, jpd80 said:

Or was that due to Super Duty changeover last year?

Ford is actually limited on the amount of F Series it can produce but in a good way, it forces them to focus on crew and super cab trucks. 

In terms of Conquest sales I think GM has more to fear from Ram than Ford, don’t you?

Provide some data to prove your claim that producing less F-Series trucks is a good thing for Ford.   Sales matter in this segment, that’s a fact.  Ford sells the most full size trucks, I’m certain they would appreciate more sales.  So yes, conquest sales matter, and I would assume RAM has plenty of conquest sales.