Uncovered: 2021 F-150 Front and Rear Design! Now with more Hybrid

• silvrsvt changed the title to Uncovered: 2021 F-150 Front and Rear Design! Now with more Hybrid
19 minutes ago, T-dubz said:

beat me to it-though I updated the title LOL

I'm starting to wonder if that middle piece of the grill is going to be actually body colored or something-it looks like its missing something in that photo. 

Edited by silvrsvt

Rumors suggest Ford’s 50-liter Voodoo V8, which also powers the Mustang, is gone, replaced by a smaller 4.8-liter mill.

Decimal point aside.......Voodoo? That's the GT350's 5.2 FPC.........so they mean the Coyote. There were rumors of a 4.8 way back in 2017/18, as I recall. Thought that was dropped as Coyote Gen 3 met the emissions/MPG targets. So, is it back on again?

On ‎2‎/‎21‎/‎2020 at 8:15 PM, fuzzymoomoo said:

Their whole reasoning publicly was saving space on the center console, then I look at all of that precious saved space and see they didn't really do much, if anything with it. Makes me wonder what the point is. 

it helps with the self parking as it negates the need for any human input......

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Twin Turbo said:

Rumors suggest Ford’s 50-liter Voodoo V8, which also powers the Mustang, is gone, replaced by a smaller 4.8-liter mill.

Decimal point aside.......Voodoo? That's the GT350's 5.2 FPC.........so they mean the Coyote. There were rumors of a 4.8 way back in 2017/18, as I recall. Thought that was dropped as Coyote Gen 3 met the emissions/MPG targets. So, is it back on again?

I think they are just recycling rumors again-the V6 was downsized back then. I see no reason why the coyote would lose .2L after being upsized .4L from the 4.6L V8. 

• Like 1

On 2/21/2020 at 7:35 PM, T-dubz said:

It’s completely new, but to me, it looks like it’s basically the same design and layout, just warmed over a bit with a larger screen. Something you’d expect from a refresh, not a complete redesign.2019-Ford-F-150-Limited-New-Style-and-LuFordF-150.int01.KGP_.jpg

The new screen appears to be maybe 12x10” or 12x12”. That’s a big difference from the 8”. I wonder how they plan on filling that space with the 8” or even worse, the 4” screen?

Maybe the 8" becomes standard.  There'd still be a lot of blank space, but it'd certainly be better than throwing the puny 4" in there.

On 2/21/2020 at 10:22 PM, Chromey said:

Is that a shift lever in the console?  I was under the impression that the 2021's would get a rotary dial like the Expedition.   Shifting gears in a truck, for me anyway, either needs to be done with a lever coming from the floor or the steering column.  Rotary dial in a car?  Sure...I'm good with that.  I'm just not a fan of rotary dial gear selectors in trucks.  

Relax.  There's a giant shifter right there.

On 2/23/2020 at 9:50 AM, akirby said:

Sales volume is tricky.  You can increase sales by lowering prices/increasing rebates but that may not increase profit so what good does that do?  Especially if you have to expand manufacturing?  If you have to build a factory to get an additional 100k sales then you’re losing money.

The "quickest" way to do it would probably be to move Expy/Nav out of Louisville and make that an SD only plant.

Then you'd have to set up somewhere for Expy/Nav - and you'd probably want to pair that with F-150 as well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Twin Turbo said:

That rumour proved to be false, a misunderstanding of change in bore size on the coyote.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jpd80 said:

That rumour proved to be false, a misunderstanding of change in bore size on the coyote.

The 3rd Gen Coyote is actually a tiny bit bigger than the previous Coyotes. The switch to PWTA cylinder liners increased the bore from 92.2mm to 93mm (per the Ford Performance Coyote Technical Reference). It’s actually listed as 307CID on at least one Ford Web page (either the F-150 specs or Ford Performance, I think). 

• Like 1

I like the digital instrument panel better than what’s on the escape and explorer.

Something about the screen in the center console just seems off to me though. Not quite sure what it is.maybe it’s the shape (not vertical or horizontal like most large displays, closer to a square), or the glossiness, or that it kind of looks like an aftermarket screen.

9 hours ago, T-dubz said:

Something about the screen in the center console just seems off to me though. Not quite sure what it is.maybe it’s the shape (not vertical or horizontal like most large displays, closer to a square), or the glossiness, or that it kind of looks like an aftermarket screen.

It might be a preproduction unit that doesn't have an antiglare coating on it. Not to mention the angles the photos where taken aren't exactly complementary 

the lack of symmetry on the heated seat buttons kinda bugs me 

Edited by silvrsvt
  • Like 3

12 hours ago, T-dubz said:

I like the digital instrument panel better than what’s on the escape and explorer.

It looks to use the Navigator's larger gauge screen.

15 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

It might be a preproduction unit that doesn't have an antiglare coating on it. Not to mention the angles the photos where taken aren't exactly complementary 

the lack of symmetry on the heated seat buttons kinda bugs me 

Not only the lack of symmetry, but the fact the buttons extend all the way to the knobs. Seems like wear will show on the buttons for owners that frequently use the knobs.

5 hours ago, MKX1960 said:

Not only the lack of symmetry, but the fact the buttons extend all the way to the knobs. Seems like wear will show on the buttons for owners that frequently use the knobs.

Wait until we see the lower trim stack.  It is bound to have blanks to fill in all of the optional buttons.  Pet peeve of mine with interiors ?

7 hours ago, MKX1960 said:

There is small gap between them, I don't think they'll rub or wear against them.