Uncovered: 2021 F-150 Front and Rear Design! Now with more Hybrid

On 2/28/2020 at 2:00 PM, akirby said:

A RCSB 5.0L or a Supercab 3.5LEB is probably just as fast as the old lightning. 

If they want to get crazy they could easily put the Supercharged 5.2L into a RCSB with some suspension mods.

This is the right idea for a performance truck. 

1 minute ago, LSchicago said:

A real Lightning would retain more value, and be a better engineered truck. 

I get the value part but it's not like they’re buying parts out of the Summit Racing catalog. They’re parts designed by Ford suppliers (most of them coming from either Roush or Shelby American) for use for that purpose. 

5 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

I get the value part but it's not like they’re buying parts out of the Summit Racing catalog. They’re parts designed by Ford suppliers (most of them coming from either Roush or Shelby American) for use for that purpose. 

For $40K, they are taking a stripped down F150 RCSB 5.0 and slapping a Supercharger on it. Outside of power, it has none of the appeal of a Real Lighting. No special looks, interior, handling, etc. Not even close to the same thing.

Edited by LSchicago
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, LSchicago said:

For $40K, they are taking a stripped down F150 RCSB 5.0 and slapping a Supercharger on it. Outside of power, it has none of the appeal of a Real Lighting. No special looks, interior, handling, etc. Not even close to the same thing.

Now that's a completely different argument. Probably should have lead with that one :) 

• Like 2

On 2/29/2020 at 9:37 PM, MKX1960 said:

People with long fingernails will eventually scratch the buttons when twisting the knobs. There should be enough gap between the knobs and buttons for fingers to pass between them.

Lol, seriously?

You want an inch gap between a knob and a button because some finger nails might touch them?

Edited by rmc523

26 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

There are plenty of pics in this thread that show the interior is new.

To his point however, this is a mid cycle refresh from what we can see.  It looks to be the same cab which would indicate its not an entirely new truck, which means hardpoints are carried over.

16 minutes ago, Anthony said:

To his point however, this is a mid cycle refresh from what we can see.  It looks to be the same cab which would indicate its not an entirely new truck, which means hardpoints are carried over.

image.thumb.png.f4af78ca8ebb5218346af12f74534214.png

None of this is news, we were told this back in May. TADA!!  Just as averagengineer said.

Edited by MY93SHO
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Anthony said:

I've said since before spy shots surfaced months ago that it'd be a 2009-esque "all new" in that it keeps the same cab/doors and the rest is new.

On 3/2/2020 at 11:41 AM, Anthony said:

What this truck is not doing, so far anyway, is making me think wow, I’ve got to have that and trade my 2017 in for it.  

• Like 1

On 3/2/2020 at 1:10 PM, rmc523 said:

I've said since before spy shots surfaced months ago that it'd be a 2009-esque "all new" in that it keeps the same cab/doors and the rest is new.

The '09 didn't share the same cab and doors.  The cab was stretched with longer front doors and a much larger back seat area.  The cab did look very similar though, just stretched.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, fordmantpw said:

The '09 didn't share the same cab and doors.  The cab was stretched with longer front doors and a much larger back seat area.  The cab did look very similar though, just stretched.

Right, I knew about the stretch - I meant other than that, it was the same.

• Like 1

Since the Super Duty uses the same cab of the F150, and the Expedition uses the same dash from them as well, didn’t they sort of have to carry on with the same cab? Were we expecting Ford to come up with a new one for the 2021 F-150 and keep the older one as well? I’m not sure if being all aluminum makes that more $$$ or not. They definitely get economies of scale using as many common parts as possible. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, spudz64 said:

Since the Super Duty uses the same cab of the F150, and the Expedition uses the same dash from them as well, didn’t they sort of have to carry on with the same cab? Were we expecting Ford to come up with a new one for the 2021 F-150 and keep the older one as well? I’m not sure if being all aluminum makes that more $$$ or not. They definitely get economies of scale using as many common parts as possible. 

Whatever they do with the F150 cab, expect the  Super Duty to follow with 2 years later. They share cabs, but stamped at different places so they don’t have to be identical.