Uncovered: 2021 F-150 Front and Rear Design! Now with more Hybrid

8 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

If they're letting this out this uncovered, we must be very close to its reveal, no?

Technically Ford said the F-150 would be shown off before the Bronco....

Personally I'm not sure what to make of the grill-it almost looks like its sucking a lemon in some angles-it looks good but doesn't at the same time? Have to see without the camo around it, which I think is screwing it up too

1 minute ago, silvrsvt said:

Personally I'm not sure what to make of the grill-it almost looks like its sucking a lemon in some angles-it looks good but doesn't at the same time? Have to see without the camo around it, which I think is screwing it up too

Yeah, I get what you're saying.  There is something odd looking about it, but I think once we see it all together, it'll look good.

It's also as I suspected - an '09-level "all new" in that it kept the same cab/door skins and changed the other panels.

I like it overall, but it’s too much chrome/silver for me. I hope the sport version loses the chrome and gets rid of the bar going across the grille. 

where the grille meets the headlights looks a bit unfinished too.it almost looks like it’s a vent right there.

2 minutes ago, T-dubz said:

I like it overall, but it’s too much chrome/silver for me. I hope the sport version loses the chrome and gets rid of the bar going across the grille. 

where the grille meets the headlights looks a bit unfinished too.it almost looks like it’s a vent right there.

Well, this is likely a Platinum model (it's used the chrome/silver combo), so obviously other trims will have different grilles with and without chrome.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

This will be less pronounced without the camo. The busy pattern over the paint is forcing attention right down onto the upper grille sculpting. In final form, the LED piping flanking the hood edge will carry the visual load at the top of the fascia. 

• Like 2

In my opinion, it’s a step back from the current front end design.  Also, now we know what they were covering up in the top rear of the cab.  I assume the new Sync version requires 2 bulging modules for some reason?

edit: or maybe there are cameras in those bulging modules as well?

Edited by 02MustangGT

1 minute ago, 02MustangGT said:

In my opinion, it’s a step back from the current front end design.  Also, now we know what they were covering up in the top rear of the cab.  I assume the new Sync version requires 2 bulging modules for some reason?

I was assuming that's some sort of testing equipment.

41 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

Well, this is likely a Platinum model (it's used the chrome/silver combo), so obviously other trims will have different grilles with and without chrome.

Yeah, probably (Platinum). The grille mesh looks a little like the Black Label (top trim) grille on the Lincoln Aviator. (Shown is the PHEV version, with the blue Lincoln star.)

Image result for lincoln aviator black label grille

52 minutes ago, 02MustangGT said:

edit: or maybe there are cameras in those bulging modules as well?

Those are the same "bulging modules" that are on the 2020 S. Duties.

Yes, it was explained they need two antennas to handle the amount of data.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, T-dubz said:

I like how the “C” LED DRL’s go into the bumper. That’s kinda cool. Also are those LEDs going around the light inside the headlight housing? It kinda looks like the tellurides DRL.

Nah, they look like just chrome squares.

29 minutes ago, MY93SHO said:

Everyone is doing that, whether it a refresh or a new vehicle.

I know.  Just saying they put them on the '18s after they were already phasing out.

48 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

Nah, they look like just chrome squares.

I know.  Just saying they put them on the '18s after they were already phasing out.

You know the industry doesn't work that fast. The "18" lamps were probably approved in late 2015-early 2016.

There's probably a team working on the new 2024 truck even though this one isn't even out yet.

They get to it when they get to it.