Uncovered: 2021 F-150 Front and Rear Design! Now with more Hybrid

23 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

It might be a preproduction unit that doesn't have an antiglare coating on it. Not to mention the angles the photos where taken aren't exactly complementary 

the lack of symmetry on the heated seat buttons kinda bugs me 

It’s not just the heated seat button either. It looks like the ventilated seat button is slightly larger too.

23 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

It might be a preproduction unit that doesn't have an antiglare coating on it. Not to mention the angles the photos where taken aren't exactly complementary 

the lack of symmetry on the heated seat buttons kinda bugs me 

They'd have to add another steering wheel on the passenger's side to get the symetry just right!:lol2:

10 hours ago, MKX1960 said:

Not only the lack of symmetry, but the fact the buttons extend all the way to the knobs. Seems like wear will show on the buttons for owners that frequently use the knobs.

Why?  There's a gap between them lol.

1 hour ago, Trailhiker said:

They'd have to add another steering wheel on the passenger's side to get the symetry just right!:lol2:

Image result for steering wheel both sides

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Anthony said:

This triggers my OCD violently.  ?

CENTER THAT SHIT!

305239083_ScreenShot2020-02-26at12_49_04PM.png.bde59d7803f2478481012091a59b4d78.png

I dislike having those displays on the knob period. Just make it display on the touchscreen if it doesn’t already. If you must have a screen on the knob, at least get away from the 1980’s alarm clock look and put a real screen on it.

1 hour ago, T-dubz said:

I dislike having those displays on the knob period. Just make it display on the touchscreen if it doesn’t already. If you must have a screen on the knob, at least get away from the 1980’s alarm clock look and put a real screen on it.

In the 2020 Explorer, the temperature is displayed in both locations - the touchscreen AND the temperature knob.  I'd assume it's the same setup here.

My hopes for the 2021 model is that they release a trim level that is comparable to the Chevy Trail boss or the Ram Rebel.  Something that comes from the factory with like a 2 inch lift/level, sportier grill, and upgraded wheels and tires.  I realize there is the Raptor, but It would be nice to see something in between the Raptor and a regular F150 as far as capabilities and price. 

Edited by 17F150RR
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, 17F150RR said:

My hopes for the 2021 model is that they release a trim level that is comparable to the Chevy Trail boss or the Ram Rebel.  Something that comes from the factory with like a 2 inch lift/level, sportier grill, and upgraded wheels and tires.  I realize their is the Raptor, but It would be nice to see something in between the Raptor and a regular F150 as far as capabilities and price. 

That is a reasonable request. Raptor is awesome but very expensive.  FX4 is not as capable as the others mentioned.  Something in between the two.

19 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Look at what Aviator GT can do and go from there? 

But the top mill 5.0L V8 is only rated at 420 lb-ft and the 10R Hybrid adds about 60 lb-fts or so from other models-its not like you can dial up the performance in a NA engine like you can the Ecoboosts. 

8 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

But the top mill 5.0L V8 is only rated at 420 lb-ft and the 10R Hybrid adds about 60 lb-fts or so from other models-its not like you can dial up the performance in a NA engine like you can the Ecoboosts. 

The Aviator GT electric motor adds 160 lb/ft.

9 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

By dial up, do you mean a simple tune-up?

I'm not a gear head, but couldn't you just turbo or supercharge the 5.0 and then completely destroy a 4-cyl or v6 ecoboost?

2 minutes ago, probowler said:

I'm not a gear head, but couldn't you just turbo or supercharge the 5.0 and then completely destroy a 4-cyl or v6 ecoboost?

The quickest new F150 factory offered is the Regular cab 5.0. Adding boost turns them into monsters, that an Ecoboost could only dream of!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, probowler said:

A tune - new pcm software that increases boost among other thing.

37 minutes ago, 17F150RR said:

My hopes for the 2021 model is that they release a trim level that is comparable to the Chevy Trail boss or the Ram Rebel.  Something that comes from the factory with like a 2 inch lift/level, sportier grill, and upgraded wheels and tires.  I realize there is the Raptor, but It would be nice to see something in between the Raptor and a regular F150 as far as capabilities and price. 

There is a rumor of a Tremor package for the F150.

• Like 1

Just now, MY93SHO said:

There is a rumor of a Tremor package for the F150.

Hopefully it's NOT the stupid  V6 Ecoboost that was slower than the 5.0's in 2014. They were really nice in content, but I couldn't see spending $12K more for a slower truck. That $12K would buy a Blower, wheels & tires, and a few extra goodies for the 5.0 and make it a real performance truck. Still waiting for a gen 3 lightning from Ford

4 minutes ago, LSchicago said:

Hopefully it's NOT the stupid  V6 Ecoboost that was slower than the 5.0's in 2014. They were really nice in content, but I couldn't see spending $12K more for a slower truck. That $12K would buy a Blower, wheels & tires, and a few extra goodies for the 5.0 and make it a real performance truck. Still waiting for a gen 3 lightning from Ford

First, Tremor is not a drag racer.

Second, 0-60 the 2.7EB is faster than the 5.0 and the 3.5EB.

You have to go back 6 years to justify your opinion?

Edited by MY93SHO

1 minute ago, MY93SHO said:

First, Tremor is not a drag racer.

Second, 0-60 the 2.7EB is faster than the 5.0 and the 3.5EB.

You have to go back 6 years to justify your opinion?

The quickest bone stock new 2018 up truck I'm aware of is a 5.0 RCSB, at 13.37. Show me a quicker stock ecoboos

t truck and I will believe you.