Uncovered: 2021 F-150 Front and Rear Design! Now with more Hybrid

1 hour ago, T hawker said:

Same here!  My parents had a 79 Mustang coupe, 2.3 with a 4 speed manual.   Grandparents had a 79 Zephyr wagon with the 5.0.  Parents made me use the Mustang for my driving test bc of the manual,  i wanted to use the 73 LTD Country Squire wagon with the 6.6l :) Ah, the good old days.

My first car was a 79 Mustang coupe, 2.3 with the 4 spd manual.   Loved that car. 

Edited by CurtisH

4 hours ago, akirby said:

If it’s in gear and you open the door at very slow speed it puts it in park.

Considering how often I have the door open while moving at low speeds, I’m not sure this is a feature that I want. 

Then again, I’m perfectly happy with the column shifter in my truck, or at least as happy as I can be with it, seeing as how I can’t get a real transmission with a real shifter...

12 minutes ago, snooter said:

Same bunch who want the "dial" and all the toys.....its no wonder kia has come on as strong as it has

Welcome to getting old, you wake up one day and realise that you no longer represent the median buyer,

vehicle types and equipment that were once a walk up start are now marginalised at the fringe,

ready to be cast off at the next MCE.

Truthfully I feel for guys like you, waiting patiently for years in the hope that Ford will finally come to it's senses

and include vehicle types that you obviously want to buy only to be snubbed and triviallised.

On this site we shouldn't do that, you obviously have needs that are not being fulfilled and as a Ford fan,

I would find that heart breaking, but also other people explaining why Ford does that, just sounds like consent

when it'sjust acceptance of how things are because it's what plenty of Ford's buyers want.

Edited by jpd80
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, MY93SHO said:

Plenty of people, you live under a rock?

Who currently offers the largest screen in a pickup?  Who surpassed Chevy for #2?

Indeed Rams interior is considered much better than Silverado, the 12" screen was a big selling point and

with an extra 200,000 sales I bet they chopped into a crap ton of Chebby's potential sales last year.

1 minute ago, jpd80 said:

Indeed Rams interior is considered much better than Silverado, the 12" screen was a big selling point and

with an extra 200,000 sales I bet they chopped into a crap ton of Chebby's potential sales last year.

...and Ford sales.  Again, this is a growing segment.  It’s not like RAM all of a sudden “stole” 200k sales from a competitor.  Ford needs to respond, and by the looks of this “new” F-150, it seems they are content with selling 900k F-series trucks.  Nothing wrong with that, but seeing the growth in this segment, Ford should be aggressive.  Don’t forget, model year changeover is coming, so will F-series sales slip under the 900k number in 2020?

24 minutes ago, 02MustangGT said:

What is your point?  Ford is late to the party?   Still using a 4” center stack display in 2020, no wonder there are aftermarket options.  

It's just the latest arms race, Ford intends keeping its ~900k sales of F Series sales.

Edited by jpd80

On 2/20/2020 at 1:26 PM, 02MustangGT said:

In my opinion, it’s a step back from the current front end design.  Also, now we know what they were covering up in the top rear of the cab.  I assume the new Sync version requires 2 bulging modules for some reason?

edit: or maybe there are cameras in those bulging modules as well?

They already have those 2 antenna modules on the 20 F-250.

On 2/20/2020 at 5:10 PM, blwnsmoke said:

You think? A higher trim level truck should have towing mirrors.  Those mirrors are definitely not towing mirrors.

The mirrors appear they may extend though. I saw something else related to the mirrors, but can't recall where that suggest they may have an inside monitor to display what the mirrors are seeing at the corners of the dash.

On 2/21/2020 at 7:13 AM, Trailhiker said:

Chrome tow-hooks. I'd say this is a Limited or Platinim or such. We saw three grille designs in the more camoed shots.

Can't wait to see what colors it will come in.

Not a Limited for sure or it would have twin exhausts out back as the Raptor does. I'm thinking Lariat or Platinum.

I’m probably in the minority here but I couldn’t care less about screen size. The only thing I use the screen for is navigation. Everything else is controlled much better with the physical buttons/knobs. And as we saw with the explorers larger screen, ford hasn’t really figured out how to get sync to work well on the larger displays.

Instead of the larger screen, I’d rather ford spend its money on a system like the Hyundai palisade has where it shows the blind spot camera video in the IP when you put the blinker on, or the rear view mirror screen and dash cam that Cadillac has, or sentry mode like Tesla.

10 hours ago, tbone said:

So far, I’m not particularly excited about this truck based on the little bit we have seen.  I hope seeing the final package will change that. There isn’t anything particularly detrimental, but nothing is making me say wow yet.  I feel the Ram interior still has the F150 interior covered with what can be see as well.   

The camo they left on must be hiding something important to the overall look. Otherwise, they might just as well have removed all of it.

1 hour ago, jpd80 said:

Welcome to getting old, you wake up one day and realise that you no longer represent the median buyer,

vehicle types and equipment that were once a walk up start are now marginalised at the fringe,

ready to be cast off at the next MCE.

Truthfully I feel for guys like you, waiting patiently for years in the hope that Ford will finally come to it's senses

and include vehicle types that you obviously want to buy only to be snubbed and triviallised.

On this site we shouldn't do that, you obviously have needs that are not being fulfilled and as a Ford fan,

I would find that heart breaking, but also other people explaining why Ford does that, just sounds like consent

when it'sjust acceptance of how things are because it's what plenty of Ford's buyers want.

My Sister just found that out when buying her Escape and finding out it doesn't have a CD player.