diesel issues.

1 hour ago, jpd80 said:

In my opinion, Ford set the diesel at impossible prices to prove that no one wanted it. Ford always maintained that the

2.7 EB was a better choice than a diesel in F150 and by golly, nearly 13,000 buyers a month prove them right.

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding your post, but if the diesel was priced impossibly high, then how does people buying the only affordable engine prove Ford right?

It doesn't seem like the diesel was given a fair shake, or even a fighting chance?

Edited by probowler

41 minutes ago, probowler said:

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding your post, but if the diesel was priced impossibly high, then how does people buying the only affordable engine prove Ford right?

It doesn't seem like the diesel was given a fair shake, or even a fighting chance?

Ford chose the 2.7 EB over a diesel years earlier, the odds were always stacked against the diesel.

The V6 Powerstroke was almost like a contrived outcome/see, we told ya so moment.

Edited by jpd80

1 hour ago, probowler said:

I'm looking forward to seeing what goodies they'll have for us!  Winch? Onboard air? CB Radio? Locking diffs? Even though it should have come stock, i would pay serious money for an actual tailgate with power-rear window.

The F-150 has had an e-locker in the FX/4 for about a decade, so I'd think locking diffs would be table stakes for the Bronco.

On 5/10/2020 at 9:51 AM, probowler said:

The Air Force uses diesel Navaras and if we can find the right color pump, anyone can.

You heavily underestimate what the public is capable of or how little a fleet owned van is cared for by most drivers. :)

• Like 1

On 5/11/2020 at 5:24 AM, jpd80 said:

Ford chose the 2.7 EB over a diesel years earlier, the odds were always stacked against the diesel.

The V6 Powerstroke was almost like a contrived outcome/see, we told ya so moment.

I think it's really just Ford taking a flier on the V6 PSD. There's nothing particularly unique about the PSD-powered F-150 aside from the mill itself and its emissions system, and Tata/JLR did the heavy lifting (finance-wise) on those, so it's a relatively low-cost, low-risk proposition. They really don't need (nor do they likely want) it to be a home run, just something to give Ford buyers who want a diesel a reason to stay--kinda like why Honda offers its open-backed minivan.

Really, that's the only way this whole thing makes any sense to me. If Tata/JLR wasn't in the equation, I don't think the V6 PSD would've ever made it into the F-150 (if it even made production at all).