2020 Escape Titanium Hybrid - Sync3 issues

escape20

Has anyone else experienced any issues with thier SYNC 3 in a 2020 escape?

My unit is very slow compared to my 2017 escape Sync 3

It takes a good 5 mins for the traffic delays (and color coded roads) to update when i first start up the nav. used to be instant in my old truck

When i set a destination, it starts calculates my route and then delays about 20 seconds before it gives me my route, old truck was very fast

now the new thing that is happening if i use the Bluetooth and the phone,  the voice starts getting delayed and garbled after about 5 mins of use

• 1 month later...

We had issues with Sync 3 in our Escape (Titanium non-hybrid) on the first day or two that we had it.  The voice prompt from Sync would stutter when talking and it wouldn't recognize the majority of our voice commands.  I also noticed that the update process got stuck in a loop checking for updates after connecting to my home WiFi.

I didn't do anything in particular to resolve the issue, but within a day or two things returned to normal.  I did make the following changes (all intentional and not in response to the problems), so I don't know if they have anything to do with it or not:

• Disabled Gracenote.  I play my music from a USB drive and it was making a mess of the audio tags, including getting many of them wrong.
  • Connected to my home WiFi.  (I don't think it downloaded any updates, but perhaps it did.)
  • Removed the USB drive, added a few songs to it, and reinserted it.

Since that first day or two, everything has worked fine.  I've only used the navigation once and didn't notice any issues.  The only slowness I see is when changing songs.  If I tell Sync to play a particular song, the current song continues to play for a good 5 seconds or so before it finally switches to the new one.  I just assume that's normal behavior (or due to the number of songs I have on my USB drive), although my last vehicle (Sync 1) would instantly switch tracks.

Hopefully it continues to work well, or even gets better with future updates.  We're otherwise very pleased with the vehicle.

• 2 weeks later...

My voice was stuttering as well.

I haven't had a chance to see if it got better, Iv only driven about 200 miles in the last 2 months, Good news is i am 2000 miles under my lease and my truck is only 4 months old!  I should have about 6500 miles and i am only at 4000!!

Although i hate not going out! or going to work

I am going to try the same things you did as well