Pre Production Mustang Mach E

6 hours ago, pms jones said:

Can someone clear something up please. In England ford say's 370 miles on a full change.

6 hours ago, akirby said:

Different regulations and test procedures.

akirby is correct, the British estimate of 370 miles uses Worldwide Harmonised Light Vehicle Test Procedure (WLTP) for the Mustang Mach E RWD model with extended range battery. EPA estimates for plug-in vehicle electric only range is usually 0.8 to 0.9 times the WLTP  number.

Here's some background info on the test procedures, NEDC, EPA, and WLTP. https://thedriven.io/2019/08/07/why-are-new-electric-vehicle-range-estimates-often-so-different/

• Like 1

On 2/21/2020 at 9:48 PM, silvrsvt said:

In the Grand scheme of things that is what its going to get called, I wouldn't be the least bit suprised to see the Mustang name get dropped at some point in time, like 5-10 years from now. 

On 2/22/2020 at 7:35 AM, jpd80 said:

They're setting the coupe up to go BEV in about five years time, they're gonna stretch the ICE platform to about ten years (2014-2024).

The reception the MME got almost guarantees that will happen.

On 2/22/2020 at 10:37 AM, falconlover 1 said:

In 10 years what will not exist will be the current RWD ICE V8 powered Mustang in a low ride coupe form... 

The Mustang is to Ford with Corvette is to GM.  I think moving forward Mustang will become a family of vehicles like the Bronco.  I am that ECE versions as well as electric/hybrid versions will be offered and perhaps even different body styles including a sedan, two-seater and the traditional Mustang coupe we have grown to love. 

• Like 3

On 3/8/2020 at 6:25 PM, poltergiest said:

Still thinking about giving up my reservation....not sure the dealer network is ready near me

Has your Ford dealership become EV certified, or planning to do so? Back in January, Ford claimed that 2,100 U.S. dealerships signed up for certification.

The 4 AutoNation Ford dealerships in and around Fort Worth are all EV certified currently.

• Like 1