Sales slowing down? Chicago Effect

The experiment is a, complete failure.

Secondary Facility;

95% inexperienced hourly employee`s with 5% semi experienced hourly employee`s

98% inexperienced managers with 2% semi experienced managers

Main Facility;

40% inexperienced hourly employee`s with 60% experienced hourly employee`s

70% inexperienced managers with 30% experienced managers

15% accountability hourly employee`s --- 15% accountability managers --- 0% accountability VOME --- 0% facility, automation and process validation --- 0% input taken from experienced launch members

100% make it up, add this and that, change/delete elements as the launch was in process.

Great products are based on an experienced work force and accountability.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Decker said:

The experiment is a, complete failure.

Secondary Facility;

95% inexperienced hourly employee`s with 5% semi experienced hourly employee`s

98% inexperienced managers with 2% semi experienced managers

Main Facility;

40% inexperienced hourly employee`s with 60% experienced hourly employee`s

70% inexperienced managers with 30% experienced managers

15% accountability hourly employee`s --- 15% accountability managers --- 0% accountability VOME --- 0% facility, automation and process validation --- 0% input taken from experienced launch members

100% make it up, add this and that, change/delete elements as the launch was in process.

Great products are based on an experienced work force and accountability.

It's a total shame what I see in that place now.

• Like 1

Well,,there goes next years Profit Sharing!   :thud: Its a cop out by management to always blame the employees. Salaried  workers are paid good money to manage the business.How do they get away with acting so unprofessional and unaccountable?Be fair,be consistent and help make the employees job easier which  equals increased productivity.The best thing Ford could do is go into these plants and totally bust up all the management cliques.Knock em all off their High Horses.Nobody gets a salaried job without a 4 year degree.Hourly personnel not following the rules?The same rules everyone else is expected to follow?Send them over to Labor and NOT just who you like or dont like!As for management,if one of them is caught treating an employee with disrespect or anything less than professional and they get sent to labor.Its a workplace NOT a prison or a Boot Camp.Where I work now is run on a professional level.I go out of my way to try and be a help to others.It is so much easier to be productive when the atmosphere is not adversarial.

Edited by Fatso

Hey.... Fatso there you go with all that common sense, again. For years I`ve agreed with you on many things and this being one that comes back time and time again. "We" don`t drive the bus, Managers drive the bus. How many times have the bus drivers turned into a dead end and got out of their bus and yelled at the wheels for getting "us" stuck? Accountability (at CAP) is completely gone...

I`m going to vent in my next post so it`s long... but here we go again with the new bus driver trying to figure a better route.

For those that hadn`t read or seen our new COO`s assessment of the company and how he is planning a turn around here are a few quotes.

“First, our management team got together over two days and, together, we asked a lot of questions. We talked about when Ford is at its best and how we can build from that. We discussed accountability – not the unproductive kind that can cause finger-pointing and accusations – but the type that leads to teamwork and higher quality. Then we listened to each other.”

“Some of us also spent time talking to employees, over coffee, in the cafeteria. I’m a big believer in “genchi genbutsu,” a Japanese principle engrained at Toyota that essentially means “go and see for yourself. That’s exactly what we were doing as we listened to our employees’ questions, their concerns. Together, we discussed the need for progress, for moving urgently – which isn’t the same thing as moving recklessly.”

Once again, here we are with the discussions, listening and communicating. Mr. Farley means well I`m sure and his motive is completely based on team work making Ford a better member of the world market place. But…..

Mr. Farley sits over coffee in the cafeteria and has discussions, listens and communicates with? The same people that? Sit in the world head quarters and have the foresight to see what the world wants and use the CAD and connectivity programs to design products and services that, they have never put in a reality-based world.

I`m not sure Mr. Farley`s discussions could ever focus on how to get a work cycle within a starting and ending point that would allow a human being to preform all the tasks that Mr. Farley`s “Team Discussions” have put within the work area to reach a sustainable quality level. Or listen to the suggestions of operators, process coaches, engineer`s or launch members on such topic`s of OIS that changes with every JPH rate change. I`m almost certain, but willing to be wrong, there was not one Trades member in any of these discussions that could input their trade experience when the CAD model is being put on line.

These quotes are from “Jim Farley`s Open Road” in an article called “Creating Tomorrow Together: It Starts with Candid Conversations.”  With Mr. Farley`s views being put out there, having these discussions, listening and chatting about accountability I`m sure “The Team” will once again figure out how to extend a heat source to cure a paint product at certain JPH, at the same time someone tells the Trades to increase the JPH. Or figure out how to get the “new” automation to reach a certain JPH, while someone tells engineering to eliminate elements in the automation. Or give the process coaches an invalidated work area/non standardized operations while some one is telling another process coach on a different crew to get more units to Final.   

Yep, a few of the comments to Mr. Farley`s article came from an old long hair…. Bet you`d never have guessed…

Profit sharing next year? Not so much.                                                                       HEY!!!! anyone hear what the hourly factor is going to be this year?

Edited by Decker
  • Like 1

I am currently leasing a 2018 Explorer Limited. Zero problems, good fit and finish, no squeaks or rattles, simply love the vehicle. Sorry Decker, but I think I am buying it when the lease is up. Will not even consider looking at a new one unless something really changes .

No need to apologize Xbar, 2018 was apart of a great run of production. Currently we spend 2 or 3 times the effort we did back in 2018 to get units close to that level of quality for 2020 units. You are apart of a large group figuring on purchasing at the end of leasing. You leased a great unit and won`t go wrong purchasing it. You`ll be bombarded with the dealerships offering to buy it from you the day after you sign the paperwork. Thank you for buying one of the best units ever built at CAP, from a launch that had Dearborn listening to the operators, process coaches, process engineers through a seasoned launch team. 

• Like 1

fmccap is correct our main plant square footage won`t allow for the hybrids much less the full electric hybrids.

Of course that alone goes completely against all rumors... then the SHO or CSC is in limbo not closing, till the building just north of the CSC is completed. All the stock from the CSC and some from the main plant will be going to that building. Hopefully the powers that be will then expand the lines at the CSC. (as was on the original prints)

I guess I should clarify some of my venting. This may set a few rumor mongers into damage control but here goes.

It`s 01 March ---> the C crew is still working normal schedules, the CSC members are still working normal schedules at the "CSC", no CSC members have come to the main plant displacing main plant members, no one has seen a short week benefit payment, orders are still coming in for all types of police and service units, export unit orders are still coming in...in larger and large numbers...

(our Chairman stated this was going to work out like this and the Bargaining Unit backed that statement up at a Nov. general membership meeting)

Ok... my biggest sore spot at CAP isn`t the products we produce it`s (drum role, please) the less than experienced decision makers. Those decision makers that have never sprayed a unit, never lifted a console, fit a hood or even walked through our hood but know what "we" need and how we need to assemble a unit.  PLEASE.... STFU

I`m sure everyone see`s what these old eye`s see but we have to look further, as a business we still produce at a very profitable level. Manpower costs alone even with rework/repair hours is inline with all other facilities that go through a major launch. There was a major Lincoln launch in Canada that took about two years to level off with just production issues and I`m not sure if the churning has ever leveled off... So yes CAP is in turmoil currently. Yes we can`t make the units fast enough for the decision makers. Yes.. the decision makers are in turmoil (please clear your desk out...) Yes, the construction is still an on going issue for possible down time. ("Possible")

I give up thinking or hoping the decision makers will ever get.... it. But one thing for sure we have those rumor mongers, candidates and our resident self proclaimed activist that are enjoying all this uncertainty. Let`s see if I can remember some "NON" Events of just last year.... the C crew didn`t come back from the retooling down time, CSC came back with only one crew in place from the one week vacation down week, we lost the Lincoln,  police units stopped coming down the production line, paint department is using roller brushes to produce units aaannnnd (drum role, pleas) the plant closed at the end of the year.....

(SHO or CSC (Chicago Show Center) WTF who cares)

Edited by Decker
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Decker said:

Ok... my biggest sore spot at CAP isn`t the products we produce it`s (drum role, please) the less than experienced decision makers. Those decision makers that have never sprayed a unit, never lifted a console, fit a hood or even walked through our hood but know what "we" need and how we need to assemble a unit.  PLEASE.... STFU

TBF, that's every plant though. 

On 2/29/2020 at 9:44 AM, Decker said:

Hey.... Fatso there you go with all that common sense, again. For years I`ve agreed with you on many things and this being one that comes back time and time again. "We" don`t drive the bus, Managers drive the bus. How many times have the bus drivers turned into a dead end and got out of their bus and yelled at the wheels for getting "us" stuck? Accountability (at CAP) is completely gone...

I`m going to vent in my next post so it`s long... but here we go again with the new bus driver trying to figure a better route.

I honestly dont know what goes on inside of CAP,firsthand but it suddenly dawned on me that if the President and Head of Vehicle Manufacturing are being replaced then there is a lot more to things than "roving gangs".Thats almost funny.What ,like packs of wild dogs are eating out of garbage cans and attacking people?Bottom line is management must take the ultimate responsibility.Profit Sharing is overrated anyways.Its all about the stock price and the only thing holding ticker symbol F up right now is the dividend.Only the payout ratio {percentage of profits paid back out in dividends} is unsustainable.New upper management might have to bite the bullet and cut the divy in order to have more money available to invest in future product.Times like this we all need cheering up,,:bananapiano: look at this one too :dance:

The secretive ways at CAP are and will always be a mystery.... Then the sheep that run off the cliff with every rumor adds to the hype and drama. OMG :runaway: OMG :runaway:sales are DOWN :drop:

We are in another political event here at CAP (yea someone was told they had this shit in the bag, then lost...) and again we have a candidate pressing the sheeps panic button even in his "I`m just Sayin" hand out...

Ok don`t believe the old long hair NFProblem here. But, Erich Merkle gave his February 2020 report yesterday and DAMMM the orders are???? well ewe`s read it for ewe`s selves.

The welcomed addition to February’s SUV results was the Ford Explorer!  At retail, Explorer gained 32.2% – its best retail sales performance since the new model was introduced in the middle of last year and our best February retail sales result since 2005!  We’re back in the saddle with Explorer and starting the year off leading the pack.  Explorer has been America’s best-selling large SUV for the first two months of this year, outselling Toyota’s Highlander.

We saw big gains for Explorer in the largest SUV regions of the country.  In New York and Los Angeles, sales were up 54% and 31% respectively.  We also saw big increases from the high-end Explorer ST, with sales up 53% in February. Now… I know some of you might say, “But Erich, total Explorer sales are down.”  That is all due to fleet, the timing of the fleet orders and our desire to focus on brand health and properly manage the number of Explorers that are moved through the daily rental channels of our business. The big news here is customers are going to dealer lots and buying Explorers at retail in greater numbers and in volumes that we have not seen in 15 years!     <---- -----hmmm this type of info? is what a candidate couldn`t use in his the plant is closing, :drop: mass lay off`s :runaway: or one shift "I`m just sayin" thingy? :future:

Sheeps try to read the hold thing...

Lets see our activist heads a group of ego trip sheeps of his own. He plans what they will say, he plans what fear will work best annnd he is always right. (except at getting any positive results) (or at the poles)

Members just look around.... short hours? --> nope.    C crew gone? -->nope.    SHO Center closed? -->nope.    All RDO`s cut out? -->nope.   MASS LAYOFF`s??? -->NFWay. How many times can the bargaining team members point this out? How many meetings does the plant chairman explain it to members that do show up? What will it take before the sheepies tell a candidate led by an activist "WE ARE JUST SAYIN" you all are full of SHIT !!!!!!

Did we have a fricken screwed up launch??? YES

Are we getting it right??? YES

The dealerships want those high end units. So read the hand out`s in the shitter then get back to makin the units they said, I heard.... someone told ewe`s we don`t have orders for... I`m just sayin :hat_tip:

Edited by Decker
  • Like 1

On 2/29/2020 at 5:14 PM, Decker said:

No need to apologize Xbar, 2018 was apart of a great run of production. Currently we spend 2 or 3 times the effort we did back in 2018 to get units close to that level of quality for 2020 units. You are apart of a large group figuring on purchasing at the end of leasing. You leased a great unit and won`t go wrong purchasing it. You`ll be bombarded with the dealerships offering to buy it from you the day after you sign the paperwork. Thank you for buying one of the best units ever built at CAP, from a launch that had Dearborn listening to the operators, process coaches, process engineers through a seasoned launch team. 

?

300_4900.JPG

Russian Union members never got more than 22 JPH... Russian sales have fallen by 79%... Ford has completely stopped production at Sollers Facility.... Ford is trying to sell 2 of the 3 joint Russian facility....  What was one of the many bullshit rumors? Someone said, I heard Russia is building the 625 and CAP will stop building exports, oh yeah I remember that bullshit.   

I think that one got started in pre delivery.... along with a lot of other I heard and Someone said bullshit...

Edited by Decker
  • Haha 1

if those paint people would quit messing up

China would be the ones building 625 in 2024, I'm sure thats delayed now.

C crew before all this virus who ha was about to be cut as of March 31, chairman fought to postpone lays offs in Feb till after the election redo. Need those votes since barely 20% of the membership voted last time. Unfortunately there are no "decent" candidates for the positions with our currently elected chairman who should of left office when he was under fire for harassment and was suspended they re elected him, or the bargaining unit that was drunk at the hall and attacked a member who defended himself by shooting the idiot in the leg, yet he was able to hold office the member he attacked was laid off for his full term as unit and at the next election that member finally got his day in court and awarded self defense and received back pay sent back home to Mich plant. And now that unit believes someone snitched him out for campaigning on the app used for official 551 biz, but they don't realize it was the 2016 election and harassment cases that sparked the state labor dept to investigate. 

As far as them laying off, after the last big lay off like 9 years ago they're not just going to come out and say it and allow workers to vandalize the line like that costing millions. It'll be a big secret until they show up and badges won't work. These Chicago workers aren't mature enough to give notice to. But I don't care I didn't do it. 

Ididntdoit ever think of writing a book or scrips for reality shows, as a side line when you retire? Just wondering... how long ago did you transfer to the greatest docudrama in the world? 

Wasn`t it ididntdoit that posted keep the check just cut me lose?   

Edited by Decker

yeah they won't release me until the 31st when they do those mass lay offs but now they want me to file unemployment/sub pay for 2 weeks just freaking let me go please, and yes I'm going to write a book titled "I didn't do it but I was there".

They're keeping my money and not cutting me loose, finally get a release date and the world comes to an end. Have fun making ventilators, when ya run out of toilet paper theres always that contract

• Like 1