No Brake!!

Bowd1

Hi Everyone! I want to preface my post by saying how much I love the design and overall feel of the 2020 Aviator. I took possession of mine late 2019 and have about 3,000 kms on it. In some cases, when starting the car with foot on the brake, I feel a kick in the brake pedal. When selecting a gear, the brake pressure is completely gone for about 1.5 to 2 seconds. I just picked it up from the dealer this morning and was told they could not duplicate the issue and therefore were handing the car back to me. I should say that they gave me the exact model loaner with 59 kms on it and I experienced the same issue twice. I'm hoping someone on this forum has experienced similar issues. I've attached a video to demonstrate the sound and no brake issue. 

6 minutes ago, mustangchief said:

Hmmm nope, never seen or felt anything like that.  Did you show the dealer the vid?

I realize it isnt the best video. Yes they did see it. Probably the worst service department I've ever dealt with in 25 years of buying cars.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Black Label said:

Go to another one if there is one. 

Not that simple. I can go to another dealer but without them either duplicating the issue or me hearing from others with the same experience, I'm just spinning my wheels.

2 minutes ago, Bowd1 said:

Not that simple. I can go to another dealer but without them either duplicating the issue or me hearing from others with the same experience, I'm just spinning my wheels.

I understand. I thought you were just saying the current dealer doesn't seem willing to really dig into it. Hope you get it solved. 

• Like 1

Update...Received the following from Lincoln Canada today. I thought maybe it was April Fool's Day. Names removed.

"I heard back from .... at .... this morning.  He did speak to .... at .... to get a better understanding of what is happening and he mentioned that he has an Aviator that has done the same thing 2 times since October.  He said that he noticed that it happened when he wore dress shoes instead of his snow boots and he thinks that it has to do with weight on the brake pedal at start up.  He said it seems to him that with the Aviator you have to put more weight on the pedal to get the ABS module to wake up.  He said that you are more than welcome to reach out to him so that he can make sure that it is the same issue.  He says that at this time it may be a normal characteristic until engineering says different and produces a repair procedure."

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Bowd1 said:

Update...Received the following from Lincoln Canada today. I thought maybe it was April Fool's Day. Names removed.

"I heard back from .... at .... this morning.  He did speak to .... at .... to get a better understanding of what is happening and he mentioned that he has an Aviator that has done the same thing 2 times since October.  He said that he noticed that it happened when he wore dress shoes instead of his snow boots and he thinks that it has to do with weight on the brake pedal at start up.  He said it seems to him that with the Aviator you have to put more weight on the pedal to get the ABS module to wake up.  He said that you are more than welcome to reach out to him so that he can make sure that it is the same issue.  He says that at this time it may be a normal characteristic until engineering says different and produces a repair procedure."

Couldn't have ben been from Lincoln Canada. It did not begin with, "Soooory".

Just kidding. ?

Seriously hope this gets resolved with a reasonable answer. Keep us updated. 

1 hour ago, Black Label said:

Couldn't have ben been from Lincoln Canada. It did not begin with, "Soooory".

Just kidding. ?

Seriously hope this gets resolved with a reasonable answer. Keep us updated. 

Nice one! Thank you and sorry.

• Like 1