Insulation under hood removal

foo

3 minutes ago, foo said:

Is it possible to remove the insulation and re-install it using the same snaps (arrow pointing at a snap) holding it in place or will they break when you remove them?

Thanks

Hi foo. It all depends on how old they are, the ambient temperature (they'll break easier when cold), how careful you are, etc.

Sometimes they can be reused, sometimes they break. If you use the correct trim removal tool, are very careful, it's not too cold out etc, you may be able to reuse them.

Let us know how you make out and good luck.

OK Thanks bbf2530. They are 2 years old. I want to try and pop out 2 small dents (unfortunately just at the "crease line on hood") on hood I got cause I had to get up on hood to clean windscreen after a 500 mile mud road drive.

Trim removal tool? Where to get it? Cost? Other tools I may already have that can do the trick?

1 hour ago, foo said:

OK Thanks bbf2530. They are 2 years old. I want to try and pop out 2 small dents (unfortunately just at the "crease line on hood") on hood I got cause I had to get up on hood to clean windscreen after a 500 mile mud road drive.

Trim removal tool? Where to get it? Cost? Other tools I may already have that can do the trick?

Hi foo. You can probably pick up a trim removal tool at any big box auto parts store. AutoZone, etc.

Here is just an example of what it looks like (not vouching for this particular one): https://www.amazon.com/QMET-Plastic-Fastener-Remover-removal/dp/B0734VKNYK/ref=asc_df_B0734VKNYK/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=312177448019&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=11175960882912697682&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9004035&hvtargid=pla-570352770685&psc=1&tag=&ref=&adgrpid=61495038909&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvadid=312177448019&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=11175960882912697682&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9004035&hvtargid=pla-570352770685

If you don't want to spend the money, you can use a couple of large screwdrivers, a fork lol...etc. It is just a simple tool to make prying the fastener out a little easier. If any break, you can purchase some from the Parts Department at your Ford Dealer. Or again, most big box auto stores probably have generic fasteners available that will work.

Below is an example of someone not wanting to spend the money.

Let us know how you make out and good luck.

Edited by bbf2530