Tesla Model Y To Ship In March

mlhm5

3 hours ago, mlhm5 said:

Will the Model Y do to the crossover market what the Model 3 did to the sedan market?

Yes sir. Model Y will not only take market share away from incumbent automakers in the crossover segments, but probably overtake Model 3 as the best selling Tesla car in the U.S. by next year also. 

• Haha 1

ICE car sales are falling because most buyers are moving to trucks and utilities,

Tesla is showing the strength of its following, same thing would have happened

if the 3 was a utility, maybe a lot stronger response, we'll find out soon anyway.

Edited by jpd80
  • Like 1

?
17 hours ago, rperez817 said:

Yes sir. Model Y will not only take market share away from incumbent automakers in the crossover segments, but probably overtake Model 3 as the best selling Tesla car in the U.S. by next year also. 

The Model 3 outsold both the Toyota Corolla and Honda Accord and every truck model in CA in 2019.

https://www.youtube.com/redirect?q=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cncda.org%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2FCal-Covering-4Q-19.pdf&event=video_description&v=jCVfxxXWPH8&redir_token=JywPbkmiuOkO7favufTD-LVyTK18MTU4MzA5ODE3NEAxNTgzMDExNzc0

Screen Shot 02-29-20 at 01.34 PM.PNG

Screen Shot 02-29-20 at 01.38 PM.PNG

Edited by mlhm5
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, AGR said:

So are the responses...

With the launch of the Model Y, Tesla has declared war on the ICE SUV market. I do not expect a rapid and equal response from the current ICE SUV manufacturers because who wants to declare war against themselves or who wants to decimate their most profitable products. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mlhm5 said:

With the launch of the Model Y, Tesla has declared war on the ICE SUV market. I do not expect a rapid and equal response from the current ICE SUV manufacturers because who wants to declare war against themselves or who wants to decimate their most profitable products. 

Just took my family on a skiing vacation, 386 miles round trip to the resort on 1 tank of fuel with my Explorer ST doing 75-80 fully loaded (4 people, 3 suitcases, 3 boot bags, 4 pairs of skis and poles and a huge styrofoam cooler full of food with a ski box on the roof.

Model Y would have left me stranded after about 1/4 of the way home with its 315 mile range (in perfect conditions, never mind the cold ski temps affecting battery).  There was ZERO places to charge anywhere along our trip..

So yea, that damn war Tesla just announced against ICE is really going to put those ICE SUVs out of commission.

Tesla good, ICE bad.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, blwnsmoke said:

Just took my family on a skiing vacation, 386 miles round trip to the resort on 1 tank of fuel with my Explorer ST doing 75-80 fully loaded (4 people, 3 suitcases, 3 boot bags, 4 pairs of skis and poles and a huge styrofoam cooler full of food with a ski box on the roof.

Model Y would have left me stranded after about 1/4 of the way home with its 315 mile range (in perfect conditions, never mind the cold ski temps affecting battery).  There was ZERO places to charge anywhere along our trip..

So yea, that damn war Tesla just announced against ICE is really going to put those ICE SUVs out of commission.

Tesla good, ICE bad.

In CA, the largest vehicle market in the US, in 2019 the Model 3 outsold the Ford F-150 and outsold the Ford Explorer by a factor of 3.5 (59514 to 16159).  The Model 3 was the third best selling vehicle in CA in 2019. This is just a sign of what is happening ultimately in the bigger picture. We are witnessing a transitioning from ICE to electric and while it is not going to happen overnight, it is happening.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, mlhm5 said:

In CA, the largest vehicle market in the US, in 2019 the Model 3 outsold the Ford F-150 and outsold the Ford Explorer by a factor of 3.5 (59514 to 16159).  The Model 3 was the third best selling vehicle in CA in 2019. This is just a sign of what is happening ultimately in the bigger picture. We are witnessing a transitioning from ICE to electric and while it is not going to happen overnight, it is happening.

ZZZZZZZZZZ

1 hour ago, mlhm5 said:

In CA, the largest vehicle market in the US, in 2019 the Model 3 outsold the Ford F-150 and outsold the Ford Explorer by a factor of 3.5 (59514 to 16159).  The Model 3 was the third best selling vehicle in CA in 2019. This is just a sign of what is happening ultimately in California (because Cali is such a F series state). We are witnessing a transitioning from ICE to electric and while it is not going to happen overnight, it is happening.

FTFY..  oh by the way..

Just took my family on a skiing vacation, 386 miles round trip to the resort on 1 tank of fuel with my Explorer ST doing 75-80 fully loaded (4 people, 3 suitcases, 3 boot bags, 4 pairs of skis and poles and a huge styrofoam cooler full of food with a ski box on the roof.

Tesla good, ICE bad.

Edited by blwnsmoke
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, blwnsmoke said:

FTFY..  oh by the way..

Just took my family on a skiing vacation, 386 miles round trip to the resort on 1 tank of fuel with my Explorer ST doing 75-80 fully loaded (4 people, 3 suitcases, 3 boot bags, 4 pairs of skis and poles and a huge styrofoam cooler full of food with a ski box on the roof.

Tesla good, ICE bad.

CA tends to be quicker than most other states for several reasons. Geographically CA is close to innovation and innovation centers as in Silicon Valley where you have lots of tech companies and innovators. In CA there is more openness toward technology and more optimism toward what technology has to offer not only personally but society at large. Looking at CA can give you a look at what kind of trends might spread to other regions of the US and globally.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, blwnsmoke said:

Man, they do not proof read..  2014...  dec 19 to dec 19..

Yeah, Yahoo is sketchy at best for their "proofing" department, but since it is from a Fox Business story, here ya go.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/technology/tesla-registrations-halve-california

Once the credit was no longer available to buyers, new Tesla car registrations in California fell by 46 percent from 25,402 in December 2018 to 13,584 in December 2019. Registrations for Tesla's Model 3 EV halved to 10,694, according to the report that compiled data from the state's Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV).

12 minutes ago, twintornados said:

Yeah, Yahoo is sketchy at best for their "proofing" department, but since it is from a Fox Business story, here ya go.

Yet, the CNBC story, dated the day before, had the correct timeline.  https://www.cnbc.com/2020/01/16/new-tesla-registrations-in-california-nearly-halved-in-q4.html

HRG

5 hours ago, blwnsmoke said:

California (because Cali is such a F series state)

Yes sir, Californians love Ford F-Series. According to the data mlhm5 posted earlier, F-Series was not only the most popular pickup truck among California retail new vehicle buyers in 2019, it was one of only 3 models from U.S. domestic automakers to make the list of the top 10 most popular vehicles sold in the state overall (other 2 being Tesla Model 3 and Chevrolet Silverado).

The big competition in the next couple years is going to be BEV F-Series versus Tesla Cybertruck. Will Ford beat Tesla? Remains to be seen.

?

1 hour ago, twintornados said:

The actual sales of just the Tesla Model 3 in CA in 2019 were greater than any other car/truck except the Honda Civic and the Toyota Camry. More than the Honda Accord, more than the Ford F-150 and more than the Toyota Corolla. CA is the largest vehicle market in the USA. 2020 buyers of Teslas whether S, X, 3 or the Y will doing so without a federal tax credit. 

1 hour ago, rperez817 said:

Yes sir, Californians love Ford F-Series. According to the data mlhm5 posted earlier, F-Series was not only the most popular pickup truck among California retail new vehicle buyers in 2019, it was one of only 3 models from U.S. domestic automakers to make the list of the top 10 most popular vehicles sold in the state overall (other 2 being Tesla Model 3 and Chevrolet Silverado).

The big competition in the next couple years is going to be BEV F-Series versus Tesla Cybertruck. Will Ford beat Tesla? Remains to be seen.

Ford sold almost 900k Fseries and if it is a 2 to 1 ration (f150 vs superduty), that is 600k f150s.  For Cali to have 6% of sales (largest state, largest vehicle market per you yet very small %) just reinforces what I said, Cali is not a Fseries state.

You act like once the cybertruck comes out, everyone else will disappear.  The big 3 will still sell a boatload of trucks, well above Tesla.  Tesla will not bea let to produce 900k cyvertrucks.  Hell, they wont be able to do half of it.  And again, add in towing, it remains to be seen how much of a joke the CT will be beyond acceleration due to instant torque.

As I said, when these vehicles die out before 300 miles in the cold loaded up..  what is one going to do?  

Cant wait to see the actual practicality of it.. whenever it comes out.

5 hours ago, blwnsmoke said:

Ford sold almost 900k Fseries and if it is a 2 to 1 ration (f150 vs superduty), that is 600k f150s.  For Cali to have 6% of sales (largest state, largest vehicle market per you yet very small %) just reinforces what I said, Cali is not a Fseries state.

You act like once the cybertruck comes out, everyone else will disappear.  The big 3 will still sell a boatload of trucks, well above Tesla.  Tesla will not bea let to produce 900k cyvertrucks.  Hell, they wont be able to do half of it.  And again, add in towing, it remains to be seen how much of a joke the CT will be beyond acceleration due to instant torque.

As I said, when these vehicles die out before 300 miles in the cold loaded up..  what is one going to do?  

Cant wait to see the actual practicality of it.. whenever it comes out.

Tesla has declared war on the SUV market and if the Model Y (scheduled to launch mid-March 2020) does as well as the Model 3, the entire mid-size SUV market will have a new dominant player. I do not see anything on the near horizon that will compete with the Model Y in 2020. There is no doubt that Tesla will sell more Model Y's in the 12 months from the launch date than they sold Model 3's in 2019. That should shake up the mid-size SUV market. We will address the EV truck market in 2021, but just from the 500K+ reservations, Tesla will be successful with the Cybertruck and each Cybertruck sale will cannibalize an ICE truck sale. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, mlhm5 said:

The actual sales of just the Tesla Model 3 in CA in 2019 were greater than any other car/truck except the Honda Civic and the Toyota Camry. More than the Honda Accord, more than the Ford F-150 and more than the Toyota Corolla. CA is the largest vehicle market in the USA. 2020 buyers of Teslas whether S, X, 3 or the Y will doing so without a federal tax credit.