Tesla Model Y To Ship In March

mlhm5

2 minutes ago, Flying68 said:

We would consider either a Mach-E or what we would assume to be a Lincoln branded sibling.  The MkC will be a little small for us in a few years anyway, it is fine now, but there isn't enough legroom in the 2nd row now for my 12 year old to sit behind me when I drive it.

Corsair PHEV should have a lot more leg room than the MKC.  We'll be looking at one in a year or two.

8 minutes ago, Flying68 said:

We would consider either a Mach-E or what we would assume to be a Lincoln branded sibling.  The MkC will be a little small for us in a few years anyway, it is fine now, but there isn't enough legroom in the 2nd row now for my 12 year old to sit behind me when I drive it.

If I remember correctly, the Ford/Lincoln BEV crossovers coming out in a couple years are being developed using Ford's second generation BEV architecture (Mach-E being gen1), so the Lincoln product will not be a Lincoln version of the MME but an evolution past it. It should be close to Edge/Nautilus in size, so a bit bigger than the MKC/Corsair but still a 2-row.

Edited by Gurgeh
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, fordmantpw said:

Come on, you can't leave us hanging like that!  Did you buy the Bronc or not?

Sorry, No. I was excited as I know the guy that built that rig originally.

It's dented up some from rock crawling, but totally rust free otherwise. 

But too beat up for me to even get doors back on it to try to use on the street. 

I already have a 70 clogging up my 2-post. Figured this might tide me 

over until that one it done. 

I love last minute trips like that though and no pure electric made today would do it for me. 

I also only use one vehicle in the snow and salt, so even using one BEV for close to home,

doesn't help me, as I'm not taking my mustang or billion dollar diesel truck out in the salt,

because my winter car can't make it ina timely manner. So now I'd need 2 winter cars if

I got a BEV.

Will consider a hybrid, like the new Rav to replace our Escape next (unless Ford  comes

out with something equivalent). 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, OX1 said:

Sorry, No. I was excited as I know the guy that built that rig originally.

It's dented up some from rock crawling, but totally rust free otherwise. 

But too beat up for me to even get doors back on it to try to use on the street. 

I already have a 70 clogging up my 2-post. Figured this might tide me 

over until that one it done. 

I love last minute trips like that though and no pure electric made today would do it for me. 

I also only use one vehicle in the snow and salt, so even using one BEV for close to home,

doesn't help me, as I'm not taking my mustang or billion dollar diesel truck out in the salt,

because my winter car can't make it ina timely manner. So now I'd need 2 winter cars if

I got a BEV.

Will consider a hybrid, like the new Rav to replace our Escape next (unless Ford  comes

out with something equivalent). 

I don't understand this comment - Why not the Escape hybrid?

18 hours ago, rmc523 said:

I don't understand this comment - Why not the Escape hybrid?

If it meets or comes close to the new Rav specs, of course would consider it.

Prefer Fords over most jap/koreans, as they are typically quieter inside on highway.  

Rav supposed to be 39 miles of driving range on electric, 302 total HP, 0-60 in 5.8,

gas 40 mpg combined, and start around $30K.  

With those specs, I just don't see what a full electric would give me over a base

rav hybrid with AWD,  low to mid $$30's. Hybrids will be 80-100 miles on electric

very soon, and electric cultists keep telling me that's like 99 % of my driving.

Edited by OX1

6 hours ago, CKNSLS said:

Other than the looks of the Escape?

One of the most under whelming (looks wise) vehicles Ford has produced in quite awhile.

We can guess that was done to attract more Focus / car buyers while the Bronco Sport stands ready with a more SUV body shape.

The little compact truck based on TC will be another choice, hopefully with classic nose like Bronco Sport.

Edited by jpd80

9 hours ago, jpd80 said:

The little compact truck based on TC will be another choice, hopefully with classic nose like Bronco Sport.

I'm going to assume the compact truck is going to be basically a Bronco Sport Sport Track...gahhh thats hard to say LOL

6 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

I'm going to assume the compact truck is going to be basically a Bronco Sport Sport Track...gahhh thats hard to say LOL

You'd hope so considering that they seem to have been developed at the same time...

22 hours ago, CKNSLS said:

Other than the looks of the Escape?

One of the most under whelming (looks wise) vehicles Ford has produced in quite awhile.

Some people love it, some hate it.  As was mentioned already, Escape was essentially replacing not only the old Escape but Focus hatchback as well.   And it allows Bronco Sport to be more aggressive and go a bit more upmarket.

46 minutes ago, CKNSLS said:

IMHO-the Focus hatchback looked much better than the new Escape.

With all the offerings in this segment I'm going to call it a "miss".

We will see if the sales prove me wrong.

So it’s a miss because you don’t like it and you represent all buyers. Including those who bought rav4s, CRVs and cx3.

Got it.

2 hours ago, akirby said:

So it’s a miss because you don’t like it and you represent all buyers. Including those who bought rav4s, CRVs and cx3.

Got it.

CX-3 Sales (2019)   16,229 units (to be fair they were up 23%-but still compared to the others.)

RAV4      (2019)      448,068

CRV         (2019)     384,168

Is it me-or does the vehicle that resembles the new Escape the most have the least amount of sales....................

Edited by CKNSLS

1 hour ago, CKNSLS said:

CX-3 Sales (2019)   16,229 units (to be fair they were up 23%-but still compared to the others.)

RAV4      (2019)      448,068

CRV         (2019)     384,168

Is it me-or does the vehicle that resembles the new Escape the most have the least amount of sales....................

Wrong Mazda. Their compact CUV is the CX-5, which sold 154K units last year in the US. But Mazda is a niche brand, an apples and oranges comparison to the Rav 4 and CR-V. A better comparison with the Mazda is the Subaru Crosstrek, which sold 131K in 2019. It's too early to tell how the new Escape will do in sales, last year about 250K of the mostly outgoing version were sold. I would be interested in a Escape ST, or heck, one with a sport suspension and the 2.0/automatic with paddle shifters.

Wait, I thought I clicked on the Tesla Model Y thread...

Back on topic. Yesterday a Model Y became the 1 millionth Tesla vehicle produced, making it the first automaker to achieve that milestone for BEV.

Earlier this year, Model 3 overtook Nissan Leaf as the best selling BEV of all time based on cumulative sales. In a few years, Model Y should surpass Model 3. https://cleantechnica.com/2020/03/10/tesla-passes-1-million-ev-milestone-and-model-3-becomes-all-time-best-seller/

Tesla-Team-1-Million-Production.jpg

1-Millionth-Tesla.jpg

• 3 weeks later...