1999 7.3 driving funny.

So I got a 99 E450 7.3 box truck that I use to cart around a stump grinder. I started it up this morning and it started just fine. I noticed the “Water in Fuel” light popped up while the engine was cranking. Once I started to hit like 35-40mph the engine started like idling down and then idling up and eventually I couldn’t get it to go pst 25mph without putting the accelerator to the floor. It was like I was letting off the accelerator and then slamming on it but I wasn’t moving it at all. My buddy was with me and he suggested turning on “tow haul” and that actually helped keep the rpms stable.

Luckily it was only a 10 minute drive to where I was going. After I finished up the job the truck started up just fine again and I didn’t really have any problems driving back home.

Anyone else have issues like this? You think it’s just something as simple as the fuel having water in it? Hoping there’s no bigger underlying prosolitaire.onl/ 9apps.ooo/ 
blem causing it.

Edited by XanderMish

Sound similar to the symptoms of what happened when a disgruntled person put water in my wife’s minivan gas tank many years ago.  Had to have the tank completely drained.  Not that this happened to you but when I went to fill the tank residual mud was observed on filling aperture.  They weren’t please with her parking in front of their house even thought it was perfectly legal parking spot.  

• 1 year later...
On 2/28/2020 at 11:52 PM, XanderMish said:

So I got a 99 E450 7.3 box truck that I use to cart around a stump grinder. I started it up this morning and it started just fine. I noticed the “Water in Fuel” light popped up while the engine was cranking. Once I started to hit like 35-40mph the engine started like idling down and then idling up and eventually I couldn’t get it to go pst 25mph without putting the accelerator to the floor. It was like I was letting off the accelerator and then slamming on it but I wasn’t moving it at all. My buddy was with me and he suggested turning on “tow haul” and that actually helped keep the rpms stable.

Luckily it was only a 10 minute drive to where I was going. After I finished up the job the truck started up just fine again and I didn’t really have any problems driving back home. gta 5 ios file

Anyone else have issues like this? You think it’s just something as simple as the fuel having water in it? Hoping there’s no bigger underlying prosolitaire.onl/ 9apps.ooo/ 
blem causing it.

happen this to me as well!