2021 F-150 Production Information

ice-capades

Per Friday's FDNB (Fleet Distribution News Bulletin) here's the latest production timetable for the 2020/2021MY Ford F-150

• 05/29/2020 - 2020MY Fleet Final Order Due Date
  • 06/18/2020 - 2020MY Last Day to Spec Change (Dearborn Truck Plant)
  • 07/16/2020 - 2020MY Last Day to Spec Change (Kansas City)
  • 09/06/2020 - 2020MY Balance Out Date (Dearborn Truck Plant)
  • 10/12/2019 - 2020MY Balance Out Date (Kansas City)
  •  
  • 07/15/2020 - 2021MY Order Bank Open Date
  • 08/13/2020 - 2021MY Scheduling Begins (Dearborn Truck Plant)
  • 08/27/2020 - 2021MY Scheduling Begins (Kansas City)
  • 10/12/2020 - 2021MY Job #1 Date (Dearborn Truck Plant)
  • 11/09/2020 - 2021MY Job #1 Date (Kansas City)

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 8/29/2020 at 9:28 AM, ice-capades said:

Per Friday's FDNB (Fleet Distribution News Bulletin) here's the latest production timetable for the 2020/2021MY Ford F-150

• 05/29/2020 - 2020MY Fleet Final Order Due Date
  • 06/18/2020 - 2020MY Last Day to Spec Change (Dearborn Truck Plant)
  • 07/16/2020 - 2020MY Last Day to Spec Change (Kansas City)
  • 09/06/2020 - 2020MY Balance Out Date (Dearborn Truck Plant)
  • 10/12/2019 - 2020MY Balance Out Date (Kansas City)
  •  
  • 07/15/2020 - 2021MY Order Bank Open Date
  • 08/13/2020 - 2021MY Scheduling Begins (Dearborn Truck Plant)
  • 08/27/2020 - 2021MY Scheduling Begins (Kansas City)
  • 10/12/2020 - 2021MY Job #1 Date (Dearborn Truck Plant)
  • 11/09/2020 - 2021MY Job #1 Date (Kansas City)

Thanks for all you do for the forum members. Used Blue Oval forums for X Plan on my 2011 F350 & 2017 F450 pickups in the past.

I am now in the market for a 2021 F-150 Lariat with Sport & Max Tow packages but with 6.5" bed that dealers never stock.

Do you know what the last date for a dealer to place a customer ordered 2021 F-150?  I'm not in a hurry, and actually the later in the year I can take delivery the better for my situation.

Bob

18 hours ago, Bob1966 said:

Thanks for all you do for the forum members. Used Blue Oval forums for X Plan on my 2011 F350 & 2017 F450 pickups in the past.

I am now in the market for a 2021 F-150 Lariat with Sport & Max Tow packages but with 6.5" bed that dealers never stock.

Do you know what the last date for a dealer to place a customer ordered 2021 F-150?  I'm not in a hurry, and actually the later in the year I can take delivery the better for my situation.

Bob

The cut off for 2021MY F-150 orders will probably be mid-to-late June for the high end F-150 units which are all produced at the Dearborn Truck Plant. We'll know better in a few months when Ford updates the F-150 production and scheduling information. Keep in mind that orders placed at the end of the Model Year for "Balance Out" are subject to increased commodity restrictions depending on changes for the upcoming Model Year, supplier issues, etc. With the impact of Covid-19 and the recent weather and microchip shortages interrupting production everything is subject to change! 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

INFORMATION
UPDATE: 2021MY F-150 Raptor Order Bank Now Open In CONCEPS

ACTION REQUESTED

• 2021MY F-150 Raptor Orders Are Now Being Accepted Through CONCEPS
  • Remaining Job #2 Orders (Tremor, Onboard Scales, CCD, etc.) Will Be Available To Order In CONCEPS and WBDO on June 16th.

SUMMARY
2021MY F-150 Raptor orders are being accepted through the CONCEPS system today.  Raptor orders may be submitted via WBDO on June 16th, when the remaining Job #2 content is available for order.

The order bank for the remaining Job #2 offerings (Raptor, Tremor, Onboard Scales, CCD, etc.) will be live on both WBDO and CONCEPS on June 16th.

NOTE: CONCEPS is the old ordering system. The WBDO (Web Based Dealer Ordering) system is preferred for order entry and doesn't require entering order codes for all the vehicle specifications!

• 4 weeks later...

INFORMATION
Final Retail Orders For 21MY F-150 w/ 3.0L Power Stroke Diesel Due July 16 

ACTION REQUESTED
Please submit any remaining retail orders for 21MY F-150 with 3.0L Power Stroke Diesel by July 16th, 2021

SUMMARY
Due to the global semiconductor shortage and to maximize production to meet customer demand, 21MY F-150 will be accepting final retail orders for the 3.0L Power Stroke Diesel engine through July 16, 2021.

Customers are overwhelmingly selecting our EcoBoost V6 gasoline engines and the all-new 3.5L PowerBoost Full Hybrid engine, which is why we are removing this option from our lineup. 

• 4 weeks later...

2021MY F-150 Auto Start-Stop Removal Availability

ACTION REQUESTED
• Please be aware of new availability of Start-Stop Removal option for 21MY F-150 and resulting impact to scheduling orders.

SUMMARY
As a way for U.S. customers to get their F-150s sooner, Ford will implement an optional Auto Start/Stop removal on F-150s for the balance of the year. The F-150 is being prioritized over other vehicles because it is the fastest to implement and satisfy customer demand. Those who decide to purchase an F-150 with the optional start/stop removal will receive a $50 credit. Auto Stop/Start will be removed from the standard section of all Monroney labels. The removal option will be shown in the optional section of the Monroney sticker as Auto Start Stop Removal. Implementation timing estimates for F-150 (3.5L, 2.7L and 5.0L) is late August/early September. The Auto Start/Stop function will remain as standard equipment for those customers who prefer it. However, the delivery timing for those vehicles will be longer.

• To optimize availability of Start-Stop functionality, all stock orders will be required to be modified to include the Start-Stop Removal feature for scheduling until further notice.
• Retail and Fleet orders may retain this feature at their discretion.
• Existing unscheduled Stock orders will be amended to include 52X.
• Newly entered stock orders will require 52X to be added during order submission.
• To align with current chip availability, some previously scheduled stock orders with the above configurations will be spec changed to add the Auto Start-Stop Removal (Option Code: 52X).
• Updated J1 and J2 order guides and pricing will be posted to FMCDealer on Monday August 2, 2021.

Note: Removal of Auto Start-Stop functionality will impact fuel economy on those affected units. Updated EPA-estimated fuel economy will be printed on window labels.

Is there any restrictions with being able to remove this feature from orders that have been in for quite some time?   I placed my order on 4/14/21 and received a VIN a week later AND I have a current build date of 8/18, but if I can get this feature removed I would in a heart beat.   Any insight on the rules of changing the order to remove this would be helpful!

44 minutes ago, silverboost said:

Is there any restrictions with being able to remove this feature from orders that have been in for quite some time?   I placed my order on 4/14/21 and received a VIN a week later AND I have a current build date of 8/18, but if I can get this feature removed I would in a heart beat.   Any insight on the rules of changing the order to remove this would be helpful!

You should check with your Dealer but if you've got a scheduled order, with a build date in 2 weeks, your order is most likely "locked in" for production. 

48 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

You should check with your Dealer but if you've got a scheduled order, with a build date in 2 weeks, your order is most likely "locked in" for production. 

I've sent a text over to the dealer to see if this can be removed from my order.   My schedule date has moved like 6 times, so I wouldn't be surprised if it gets moved again.

• 2 months later...

@ice-capades at the beginning of this thread you posted the specific truck plant builds.  Did the plants keep the builds for the 21MY F-150. ie: DTP does Platinum. King Ranch etc. and KC does not build these models

Thanks for the info, I ordered a KR mid September just trying to get an idea of when the dealer should have the information about if i will get built or not. 

6 hours ago, cpattpat said:

@ice-capades at the beginning of this thread you posted the specific truck plant builds.  Did the plants keep the builds for the 21MY F-150. ie: DTP does Platinum. King Ranch etc. and KC does not build these models

Thanks for the info, I ordered a KR mid September just trying to get an idea of when the dealer should have the information about if i will get built or not. 

Final 2021MY F-150 orders were due on Thursday, September 30th. Ford is doing what may be the final cleanup scheduling on Thursday, October 21st. If your order is still unscheduled as of this morning, there is a very small chance that it will get scheduled for the 2021 Model Year. You should check with your Dealer for the latest status update via Vehicle Visibility. If the order wasn't scheduled yesterday, your Dealer will know for certain when Ford posts the "Balance Out" notice.   

• 1 month later...