F250 ride height change

• 2 weeks later...

"That 1.5″ number is for single rear-wheel vehicles, while the dual-rear wheelers are lowered by about an inch, according to the Ford engineer."

“IMO, the benefits are obvious. Handling, fuel mileage, cargo floor load height, more level towing of fifth wheel trailer, easier to get in and out of. What is the benefit of raising a truck outside of ‘it looks cool?’ Maybe if you are a serious off-roader? But who would pick a Super Duty for that?”

Makes sense to me, but it may not look as aesthetically pleasing. I guess Ford is going more for function over form.

https://www.ford-trucks.com/articles/did-ford-secretly-lower-the-2020-super-dutys-ride-height/

I took receipt of my 2020 F-350 last weekend... 

Since I use mine to tow my large fifth wheel, I was concerned about the ride height..

On the F-350 4X4, the 2020 is just about exactly 2" lower from the ground to the top of the bed rails AND from the ground to the top of the bed than my 2015 .... 

3 hours ago, fordmantpw said:

I know how I feel.  I wish my 2017 was 1.5-2" lower than what it is, so I think a '20 would be about perfect.  

I can understand why some would need it or want it. Which would be why I would suggest that it’s an option one way or the otherI can understand why some would need it or want it. Which would be why I would suggest that it’s an option one way or the other

4 hours ago, tbone said:

I can understand why some would need it or want it. Which would be why I would suggest that it’s an option one way or the otherI can understand why some would need it or want it. Which would be why I would suggest that it’s an option one way or the other

You can say that again!  ?

But yeah, I could see where it would be nice to have the option.

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, tbone said:

Perhaps the theory was Tremor package is what is supposed to serve the higher ground clearance role, but I can’t imagine industries that regularly use 4 wheel drive would pop for that.  

No, there have been a lot of complaints about the additional height of the 2017+ Super Duty, especially from the fifth wheel and goose neck towing crowd.  I couldn't get my previous fifth wheel to ride level and still have enough bed rail clearance with my '17, but it was perfect on my '08.  The lowering of the '20 was in response to that.

• 4 months later...
9 minutes ago, twintornados said:

I would presume that a Tremor has a higher ride height than an FX4.

I agree, but this would allow him to go to a dealer and see 35's on a SD, and see how they fit & look. The additional ride height may or may not be needed for tire clearance.

HRG

On 7/22/2020 at 7:21 AM, HotRunrGuy said:

I agree, but this would allow him to go to a dealer and see 35's on a SD, and see how they fit & look. The additional ride height may or may not be needed for tire clearance.

HRG

The ride height determines whether or not the 35s will fit/ not rub the fenders. I’m pretty certain the Tremor is higher than the SD but I’m not certain about the FX4. Seeing the 35s on a Tremor really isn’t going to tell me anything about what the FX4 can take. 

Anyone know the answer to this? 

Had to rent a 2019 F350 for a recent camping trip while waiting for my 2020 order.  Coming out of a 2011 F250 the 2019 seemed much taller - I don't have any measurements to go by.  Glad to hear that the 2020 is moving back a bit closer to earth.  It didn't help that the rental didn't have running boards - that was quite a climb.

10 hours ago, kluger said:

Yea, I'm 5'10" and it was a leap without the running boards on the rental 2019.  For my 5'4" wife it was a climb.

HAHA, I meant the Bed ?  I didn't have runners either and I hate them.  Much easier to just grab the steering wheel and kinda hop in.  But I got a 'bounce' to my step so I have an advantage.

At 5'4" no way ! ;)